Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY) is proud to partner with Abuse Prevention Systems for a three (3) hour Skillful Screening Seminar.
An effective screening process is meant to address areas of risk, including the risk of hiring an applicant whose sexual motives are inappropriate. Criminal background checks alone will not protect children from sexual abuse. Statistically, less than 10 percent of sexual offenders are ever criminally prosecuted, because two out of three children don't report abuse until years later, if ever. As a result, nearly 90 percent of offenders have no past criminal conviction to check.
- Common errors and misconceptions related to sexual abuse and abusers
- Abuser characteristics
- The 'grooming process'utilized by offenders
- Common grooming behaviors
- Elements of an effective safety system
- Effective screening practices
- Criminal background checks
- Risk indicators
- Tools and resources for reducing the risk of child sexual abuse
Who Should Attend:
Individuals that oversee the hiring and on-boarding processes for their organization.
*REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 12:30PM WITH THE SEMINAR STARTING PROMPTLY AT 1PM. LIGHT REFRESHMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED*