Actions and Detail Panel
Abuse Prevention Systems Complimentary Seminar - Houston, TX
Fri, September 16, 2016, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY) is proud to partner with Abuse Prevention Systems for a three (3) hour Awareness Seminar.
No one ever wants a child to be harmed. However, organizations can sometimes miss child safety keys and best practices. This seminar will educate professionals on effective, efficient, and inexpensive tools you can use to reduce the risk of sexual abuse in your program.
- What is sexual abuse?
- Common errors and misconceptions related to sexual abuse and sexual abusers
- Abuser characteristics
- Grooming process (grooming children and gatekeepers)
- Common grooming behaviors
- Peer on peer abuse
- Impact on children - long and short term
- Reporting responsibilities - authorities & supervisors
- What to do if a child reports abuse
- Methods of reducing risk of sexual abuse
- Tools and resources for reducing risk of sexual abuse
Who Should Attend:
- Mental Health Professional Educators
- Non-Profit Professionals
- Education Professionals
- Religious Organization Professionals
- Insurance agency professionals with clients in these niches
*BREAKFAST WILL BE PROVIDED BEGINNING AT 8:30AM*