Join the Royal Botanic Gardens Aboriginal Programs Team for a workshop on bringing Aboriginal culture alive in the classroom.
The Aboriginal Histories and Cultures cross-curriculum priority is designed for all students to engage in respect and recognition of the world’s oldest continuous living cultures. Discover how to authentically and confidently engage your students with Aboriginal culture.
This workshop will cover:
• What is Aboriginal culture and heritage education?
• How has Aboriginal Education changed in the Australian Curriculum?
• Celebrating significant events versus holistic programming
• Aboriginal Culture and Heritage
• Engagement guidelines for accessing local community
• And a tasty Bush Food tasting session!
Who: Primary & Secondary Teachers
When: Thursday 27th October 2016, 4:30 - 7:30pm
Where: The Learning Centre, The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Cost: $20 per person
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 9231 8134