Adaptive Business Management - Practitioner Certification
A six-part certification course for the Adaptive Business Management Practitioner (ABM-CP), covering the three 'People' units, and the three 'Product' units of the Adaptive Business Management framework. As a Certified Practitioner, you will be able to lead and manage transformation initiatives within your organization, assisted by ABM Solution Architects, and ABM domain specialists. Through your understanding of all six aspects of the framework, you will be well equipped to navigate whatever stage of adoption your organization is currently undergoing.
Some typical objectives of Adaptive Business Management
- Deliver value to customers quicker - by improving flow efficiency
- Improve decision making - by really empowering employees
- Understand which processes to improve - and which you should leave alone
- Improve productivity - by creating cross-functional teams of specialists
- Respond to market trends quicker - by exploiting dynamic strategic planning
- Create products that sell better - by building customer feedback loops into product development
Who Should Get Certified
- Anyone wishing to be a leader or manager in an organization that is adopting, or thinking of adopting, lean or agile practices.
- Executives needing to understand the long term roadmap
- Operation Managers needing to understand the flow of work
- Functional Managers needing to understand departmental dependencies
- Team Leaders needing to understand how to align and empower their team
- Supervisors needing to understand how to guide and direct their people
- Team members needing to understand how they can best contribute.
Part 3 of 6: ABM For Individuals
Principles and Practices for Motivating Employees
At the end of this half-day module you will know how to apply the principles and practices for engaging and motivating employees to help them contribute to the organization at their highest level.
At the heart of any lean or agile adoption are the people, but when employees aren't truly engaged in their work, their behavior quickly reverts to old established patterns and the will adoption ultimately fail.
- Understand how engagement creates growth and profitability.
- Know the difference between satisfaction and engagement.
- Understand why meaning, autonomy, growth, impact, connection, and alignment form the basis for engagement
Studies have shown that traditional performance incentives don’t work, and are in fact often counter-productive. In order to engage with peoples’ hearts and souls, and not just rent their hands and minds, companies need to learn how to tap into what really motivates their employees. Adaptive Business Management believes that everybody wants to come to work to be part of something great, and they want to learn and grow. ABM teaches that employees are best engaged through creating a meaningful, supportive, and yet challenging environment in which they can thrive and grow.