San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ableton Live 1
Ableton Live is a real-time audio production tool that eliminates the boundaries between composition, performance, recording and sound design. This cutting-edge, award-winning software has quickly become the creative standard for composition, sequencing, looping, and processing sound. In this class you will learn the basics of this amazing audio tool and leave the class inspired to create your own music. Students are encouraged to bring their own sound material to work with.
Key topics include:
* Understanding the Ableton Live interface - The Session and Arrangement Views
* Feel comfortable with the basic concepts of tempo and meter
* Import, and loop pre-recorded sounds
* Create compositions with scenes
* Utilize Live Devices and Digital Signal Processing to make entirely new sounds.
* Record loops for composition and live performance.
* Setting up a session for live performance.
Instructor: Christopher Willits
Date: 12-4pm June 28th, 2014
Location: Overlap Studio, Oakland CA
Seats Available: 7
When & Where
Connecting Community and Creativity