Join us as we celebrate the national launch of ABLEnow on December 19. Virginia will be among the first states in the country to offer an ABLE savings program, which provides people with disabilities and their families the opportunity to save money for today’s needs or invest for tomorrow in a simple, affordable and tax-advantaged account.
ABLEnow is administered by Virginia529, the nation’s largest college savings plan. At this event, a public announcement and presentation will be made, followed by an open house with information sessions.
ABLEnow Launch Public Announcement, from 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Virginia529 CEO, Mary Morris, will announce the launch of ABLEnow and discuss how the program will increase independence and financial wellness for individuals with disabilities and their families
- As a community, we will celebrate the two-year anniversary of the federal Stephen Beck, Jr. Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act, which was signed into law on December 19, 2014
- Actively involved in the passage of the ABLE Act named in honor of her late husband, Catherine Beck and her daughter Natalie Beck will open an ABLEnow account and be presented with the first ABLEnow Card by Virginia529 CEO, Mary Morris
- Influential government and state officials are scheduled to attend, including Virginia Delegate Eileen Filler-Corn, a tireless advocate of the disability community and the primary sponsor of Virginia’s ABLE legislation
ABLEnow Information Sessions, beginning at 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Following the ceremony, the open house will offer two information sessions that will discuss the ABLEnow program and give individuals and families an opportunity to ask questions
- There will also be an opportunity for eligible individuals to sign up for an ABLEnow account on the spot
- Refreshments will be provided
Please RSVP today. To follow ABLEnow updates, learn more and open an account after the launch, please visit able-now.com.