Join us to learn more about the application of power capacitors for utility transmission & distribution, smart grid, and industrial applications. This seminar will be technically oriented to benefit those that desire an in-depth update on key capacitor application subjects.
Who should attend: Electric Utility, Industrial, EPC, OEM, Wind/Solar Energy, Consulting Engineers and Business Partners.
Space is limited, please register as soon as possible, registration is accepted on a first come basis.
Day 1, May 23 (Medium and High Voltage)
- Power Factor and Harmonics Basics
- Capacitor System Benefits
- Capacitor Unit Design and Testing
- Heavy Duty Specification/Design
- Substation Bank Designs and Protection
- Inrush Reactors for Back to Back Switching
- Field Service, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Capacitor Fusing Demo
Day 2, May 24 (Medium and High Voltage)
- Capacitors and Harmonic Filters and Detuned Filters
- ABB Capacitor Manufacturing (Virtual Factory Tour)
- Capacitor Unit Teardown
- Metal Enclosed Capacitor Banks and Filters
- Seismic Design Considerations
- Synchronous Switching / HV Breakers, Dead Tank and Live Tank
- FACTS / SVC and Series Capacitors
- DS1 Diode Based Transient Free Capacitor Switching (New Technology)
- MiniCap Distribution Series Capacitors for Voltage Flicker Issues
Day 3, May 25 (Medium and High Voltage)
- Distribution Capacitor Banks
- Smart Grid Applications
- Distribution Centralized Volt-Var Management Systems
- Vacuum Switches
- Smart Capacitor Controllers with 2-Way DNP3 Communications
- Modernizing Power Distribution with Sensors
Power Quality (Low Voltage Applications)
- Power Factor and Harmonics Basics (repeat)
- Impact of Harmonics on Capacitors
- Power Quality Services - Onsite Measurements and Testing Analysis
- Power Factor Improvement in Industrial Facilities
- Harmonic Filters for Industrail Facilities
Day 4, May 26 (Low Voltage Applications)
- Low Voltage Capacitor Teardown
- Introduction to Varible Speed Drives
- Dynamic Var Compensation
- Power Quality Analysis and Application Workshop
* some topics subject to change based on scheduling event speakers
May 23, 2017: 8:30AM to 4:00PM
May 24, 2017: 8:30AM to 4:00PM
May 25, 2017: 8:30 AM to 4:00:PM
May 26, 2017: 8:00 AM to 1:00PM
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
3667 S Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV, 89109
(See below for reservations)
The seminar cost is $375.00 USD for each attendee, payable by credit card at time of registration.
You may attend all tracks or just the ones you are interested - same registration price applies
Promotional codes available for ABB Employees, Sales Reps and Event Speakers, please contact John Farnsworth or Jeff Dion for details.
Complementary Group Dinner (Optional)
There is a complementary reception and group dinner scheduled for May 23 at 6PM at the London Club restaurant located in the hotel. Please RSVP when registering so we have an accurate count.
ABB will provide a complementary group lunch for each day of the event.
A Certificate of Completion will be provided to all attendees completing the seminar
IEEE Accreditation: 2.3 CEU’s, 23 PDH certificates offered - select at registration
Space is limited so register as soon as possible - availability will be on a first come first serve basis.
All travel expenses and hotel cost is the responsibility of each attendee
All attendees must register to attend the event, no exceptions. No walk-in's permitted
For those traveling from outside Canada, a valid passport is required at customs
1) SEMINAR REGISTRATION - Go to "Registration Information" section at top of this page, then select "Register" and complete the required information to register for the event. This is required for all attendees. The $375 USD registration fee will be billed automatically to your credit card and is non-refundable. There is an additional $25 charge for IEEE CEU/PDH credits, if you indicate when registering.
2) HOTEL RESERVATIONS - if you need a hotel room and desire to secure the ABB negotiated group rate listed below, please use the link provided below or call toll free at (866) 317-1829 to reach the reservations desk. Please make sure to request the special "ABB Inc." (Grouip # SMABB7) negotiated group rate. The special rate expires on April 27, 2017 or when rooms are sold out (first come basis). CANCELLATION POLICY is 72 hours prior to arrival (by 4PM), without penalty. NO-SHOW POLICY - the attendee is responsible for the first night stay plus taxes and the remaining reservation will be cancelled immediately. Rates are single or double occupancy.
Group Room Rates:
Saturday, May 20: $225, plus tax and resort fee
Sunday, May 21: $159, plus tax and resort fee
Monday, May 22: $119, plus tax and resort fee
Tuesday, May 23: $119, plus tax and resort fee
Wednesday, May 24: $79, plus tax and resort fee
Thursday, May 25: $79, plus tax and resort fee
Friday, May 26: $159, plus tax and resort fee
Hotel Reservation Link:
or call (866) 317-1829
3)TRANSPORTATION RESERVATIONS: (airport to hotel)
On arrival to the airport, go to Terminal 1 - "3rd Party Transportation" and then look for "Bell Transportation", the rate is $7.50 per person one-way, about a 10 minute taxi ride to the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino.
If you are driving, the hotel parking is complementary if you have a room reservation.
If you have questions, please contact John Farnsworth at 919-349-3397 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the seminar.
ABB Capacitors & Filters
Save This Event
When & Where
ABB Capacitors & Filters