AAREA® 8th Annual Professional Development Summit
African American Regional Educational Alliances®'
8th Annual Professional Development Summit & Educators of Excellence Awards
"Celebrating and Cultivating a Brilliant, Resilient, and Strong Educational Community: Connecting, Committing, and Creating Change"
AAREA's 8th Annual Professional Development Summit is an event focused on discussing the educational inequity issues for African American students, reviewing best practices, and honoring national and local educators paving the way for African American success.
In each plenary session and workshop sessions, our scholar presenters will explore the following questions from their unique personal and professional perspectives:
1. How do we authentically connect with our students and their families?
2. How do we honor our past, embrace the present, and cultivate our future?
Presenters will explore the uniqueness of the African American cultural experience and discuss the pedagogical and programmatic practices and strategies that educators and parents may use to enhance with African American students.
All workshop sessions are designed to provoke thought, provide insight, strategies, and tools that allow participants to dive deeper into what it means to be fearless, compassionate, resilient educational leaders and advocates for African American students and their families.
When and Where:
Saturday, January 28, 2017
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
Conference Fee includes:
- Choice of 8 Workshop Sessions
- Conference Materials
- Continuing Education Units
- Conference T-shirt
Other Event Features:
- Culturally relevant educational materials and resources
- Networking with professionals and experts on African American education
Registration Rates: Register Early and Save!
Register by December 31, 2016:
· Super Saver Early Registration Rate - $250
Register from January 1 - January 23, 2017:
· General Registration Rate - $300
Register from January 24 - January 28 or On-Site:
· Late and On-Site Registration - $350
Group Discounts Available!
Group registration rates are available until December 31, 2016:
· Team of 5 to 9 - $225 per person
· Team of 10 or more - $215 per person
Questions? Contact us by phone at (510) 614-3000 or visit our website www.theaarea.org for more information.
Just Announced: The AAREA General Membership Program for Schools, Educators, Families, Businesses, and Non-Profit Organizations
» Learn More and Join Today! »
Connect With Us:
Phone: (510) 614-3000