San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Mike Meredith, Project. Director , California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- George Dyckes, Criteria Architect, Kitchell
- Representatives from the design-build teams:
- Hensel Phelps Construction Company (with HOK as lead architect)
- Clark McCarthy A Joint Venture (with HDR as lead architect
Cocktail hour 5-5:30 pm
Presentation 5:30-7 pm
Construction is underway in Stockton, CA for new California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) prison health care facilities providing medical, dental, and mental health treatment as well as correctional housing. Facilities to be presented are:
- California Health Care Facility: 1,722-bed new medical and mental health care facility, with design-build packages totaling $642 million.
- DeWitt Nelson Correctional Annex: 1,133-bed housing unit in a single design-build package ($123 million), consisting of both renovation and new construction.
- Learn the specific challenges on this building type: the correctional health care facility.
- Learn about how Design/Build was used for rapid project delivery.
- Get updates on the CHCF construction.
- Learn about the California Health Care Facility Improvement Program.
When & Where
AIA San Francisco - AIASF
Serving the Bay Area for more than a century, the American Institute of Architects, San Francisco Chapter (AIASF) offers professional development and networking opportunities as well as public forums, tours, lectures, and gallery exhibitions that provide architects and design enthusiasts with many opportunities to explore the local built environment.