a11y@HHS: Technology Accessibility and Inclusion Conference
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
The “a11y@HHS” conference is the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) first of its kind, blending inclusion with accessibility of electronic & information technology. The conference is expected to draw more than 300 persons to attend sessions, visit the exhibit hall, and network with industry partners and government peers concerning accessibility and inclusion. This premiere conference strives to open a dialog surrounding best-practices by professionals and consumers involved with the many aspects of technology and disability. Sessions will cover acquisitions planning, emerging assistive technologies; web accessibility; enterprise accessibility compliance monitoring; technology/methods for workplace inclusion and education; and legal ramifications, accessible conferences, and experiences of persons with disabilities in the HHS workforce.
Accommodations: HHS encourages full participation by employees and members of the public with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please send an email by April 19th to A11y508@hhs.gov. Please provide your name, contact information, and the nature of your request.
Who Should Attend: The Conference is focused on HHS and its Operating Divisions, however we encourage government wide and industry participation. We are interested in your experience, as it is that experience that will help broaden our community.
- Driving Directions: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WorkingatFDA/BuildingsandFacilities/WhiteOakCampusInformation/ucm241748.htm
- Ground Transportation: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WorkingatFDA/BuildingsandFacilities/WhiteOakCampusInformation/ucm241743.htm
Highlights: The Conference will bring together leaders across HHS, as well as government wide. Invitees include:
- Hon. Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services (via video)
- Frank Baitman, HHS CIO
- Craig Luigart, Chair, Federal CIO Council Accessibility Committee
- Timothy Creagan, US Access Board
- Helen Chamberlain, GSA Government wide 508 Program Manager
- Deborah Kaplan, Social Security Administration
- Dick Stapleton, Deputy Director, HHS Web Communications Division
- Jaime Robinson and Mark Urban, HHS Section 508 Program Team Co-Chairs
- And many others!