A THOUSAND WORDS
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (EDT)
The adage says, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Pink Jams! and Shoot for Change are proud to present a very special photo exhibit celebrating the courage, hope, love and loss of women and families who have battled breast cancer.
One hundred members of our community have courageously come together to express how breast cancer has touched their lives. Uplifting and funny, or serious and grief-stricken, A Thousand Words captures the real people and the real emotions that come with breast cancer. We promise that this will be an exhibit you will never forget.
Washington, DC tops the nation in breast cancer related deaths, 65% higher than the national average. It does not discriminate, and it isn’t a sexist disease. It can affect anyone, anywhere, at any time in our lives.
We sincerely hope you will join us as we celebrate and honor the faces and stories surrounding breast cancer – in A Thousand Words.
Entry to the exhibit requires a $25 donation per person. This is 100% tax-deductible.
- Live music performed by Mike Bowers.
- Cash bar will be available.
- Valet parking will be available at the venue for a charge.
- There will be a guest list at the door for those who make a donation prior to the event.
- Fantastic desserts provided by Northside Social, Sprinkles Cupcakes, Bayou Bakery, Kababji Grill, BRABO, Cafe Saint-Ex, and Smith Commons. A very special thanks to Dining in DC’s Lisa Shapiro for her work securing our dessert sponsors.
All proceeds from A Thousand Words support the Capital Breast Care Center, helping women in the Washington, DC area receive screenings and mammograms regardless of their ability to pay. More information about the Center can be found at www.capitalbreastcare.org.
When & Where
Capital Breast Care Center / Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
We provide culturally appropriate breast cancer screening services and promote health and wellness to women in the Washington, DC area regardless of their ability to pay.