San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
WHAT: INAUGURATION & LAUNCH OF “A NATIONAL CONVERSATION ON RACE” IN VALLEJO!!! **** WITH SPECIAL GUEST: LEVAR BURTON (Roots, READING RAINBOW, Star Trek) ****
WHO: leaders, Citizens, businesses, schools & friends of vallejo
Date: Saturday: November 23, 2013
Time: 10:30 am- 12:30 pm **v.I.p. MEET & GREET event** (all welcome!)
1:00 pm to 4:30 Pm: FILM showing: "If These Halls could talk" with community Diversity dialogue...
facilitated by director lee mun wah & senior trainer dr. aliah majon
SITE Location: "Joseph room", jfk Library, 505 santa clara st, vallejo, ca 94590
Cost: $0.00 FREE! (*Thanks to the generosity of Stir fry seminars & consulting)
PARKING: PLENTY OF street parking & several public lots
WHY: We were chosen as the city to launch this timely national initiative because…
1. Vallejo was recently listed as one of the most “diverse” communities in the united states!
2. Vallejo, CaLIfornia wants to lead by “example” when it comes to truly valuing diversity!
3. vallejo cares about the future, and we want to “sustain” our unity and cooperation!
As a Result of your particpation:
* vallejo will model, and become a national “demonstration” of a city building a better future focusing on diversity!
* the “dream” of martin luther king – and all of us on a personal level – will finally become a living reality!
* our children will inherit unity and empowerment instead of barriers and inequality and further this legacy & goals!
* Stir fry will lead a “follow-up” diversity workshop--on Sunday--at the Sister City Room of jfk library.
[[WORKSHOP TITLE & focus: "***"walking each other home"***]]
* Networking with agencies, civic & social organzations, businesses, schools and individuals.
* follow up initiatives, training for future facilitators, community dialogues & special events.
lee mun wah & stir fry Seminars & counsulting, vallejo branch of the naacp and the vallejo sister city assocation & commission to date. (*seeking additional hosts!)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact dr. Aliah Majon at email@example.com
When & Where
StirFry Seminars & Consulting
www.stirfryseminars.com * (510) 204-8840 * 2311 8th Street, Berkeley, CA 94710