A JUNETEENTH FREEDOM RECEPTION!
Friday, June 21, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"- Hebrews 12:1
THE FREDERICK DOUGLASS SOCIETY PRESENTS A JUNETEETH FREEDOM RALLY!
Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the endin)g of slavery in the United States, thanks to the 13th Amendment!
From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th has spread across the United States and beyond.
Today Juneteenth commemorates American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future.
In cities across the country, people of all cultural groups and nationalities are joining hands to recommit ourselves to making this nation a better place to live, work, and play, based upon those important historical experiences and lessons!!
We shall celebrate and examine our history, while helping attendees understand how we must juxtapose the lessons of the past with current practices—practices which promote economic independence, strong families, individual responsibility, commitment to education and American exceptionalism.
(There will be an Open Bar and Hors d'oeuvres)
- The Rev. C.L. Bryant –Founder, One Nation Back to God; Film Maker, Runaway Slave
- Ismael Hernandez –Founder, Freedom and Virtue Institute
- Stacy Swimp – Nationally recognized speaker, commentator, President of Frederick Douglass Society.)
- K Carl Smith – President and Founder of Frederick Douglass Republicans
- State Rep. Mike Shirkey (MI-Rep.)
- State Senator Pat Colbeck (MI-Rep)
- Jimmy Greene- CEO/President, Associated Builders and Contractors
- Linda Lee Tarver- Ethnic Vice Chair, Michigan Republican Party
- Terry Bowman-President, Union Conservatives
- Gary Glenn-President, American Family Association-Michigan
- Nick Hawatmeh-Grassroots Vice Chair, Michigan Republican Party
- Scott Hagerstrom- President, Americans For Prosperity-Michigan
- Marco and Sharon Lollio, Rattle With Us Tea Party
- Barb Bulic
- Lisa Valentine
- Jennifer Hensley
- The National Right to Work Foundation
- The Frederick Douglass Economic Empowerment Corporation
- Rattle With Us Tea Party
- The Michigan Republican Party
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT TO ATTEND!