Actions and Detail Panel
A Gaelic Summer: Pub Crawl @ Red Lion
Wed, June 14, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
When most people think classical music, they think concert hall, tuxedos, and standing ovations. When we think of classical music, we think of bars, booze, and Gaelic beavers.
Last summer, we hosted "Scottish Folk Nights" in Chicago. This summer, we're kicking off our first ever pub crawl series, and we're calling it "A Gaelic Summer." We'll be playing at Red Lion Pub ($20, June 14), Martyrs' ($20, June 15), and Big Bricks (VIP, $75, June 16). Here's what you can expect at shows:
- a live band playing drinking songs, dance tunes from Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales;
- food and booze available (optional... but not really, you really need to have a few drinks)
- sing-along songs and live-band karaoke (optional... have a few drinks first);
- dancing (*) (optional... don't spill your drinks); and
- "Throw-Back-Thursday" pictures and drinking stories (*) (optional... send us the best).
* Martyrs' and Big Bricks activity
Its going to be an all out, foot-stomping, face-stuffing, drink-guzzling jam the way classical music should be. Join us here in Chicago at our favorite watering holes.
Featuring Brandi Berry and Kiyoe Matsuura on violin/fiddle, jeremy ward on bass violin/cello, David Walker on guitar, vocals by Thomas Aláan (and special guests, including those brave enough to karaoke with our live band), and our summer series mascot, BBEaver the Gaelic Beaver!
The Bach and Beethoven Ensemble brings artists from different traditions together to collaborate on cross-genre, multidisciplinary projects. We make classical music fun by making it relevant, meaningful, and engaging. Like Bach, we strive for the ideal. Like Beethoven, we push boundaries. We combine tradition and innovation: something old, something new.