Actions and Detail Panel
A Day at CSUN's Beach
Sat, May 6, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
Join us for "A Day at CSUN's Beach" !
UPDATE: POSTPONED to May 6, 2017 (due to weather)
Come play on the CSUN beach volleyball courts and support the growth of the CSUN Beach Volleyball program.
- This is a friendly tournament fundraiser
- We welcome all levels of play
- Invite friends/family to watch and join in the festivities!
- A team is not necessary.
- Just sign up as an individual!
- Format: Co-ed 4's weighted draw
- Ages 15 to adult welcome
- Event limited to 54 players.
- Entry of $50 includes: lunch, drinks, water, t-shirt
- Online registration closes on Friday, May 5, 2017 at Noon. Waitlist available on tournament day until 9:00 am.
- Parking is $8 for an all day pass. Parking is required on campus.
Help start the "Ramon and Dayanthie Calderon CSUN Beach Volleyball Scholarship"
- Help start a scholarship in Ramon's name.
- 2017 Goal for a named scholarship: $5000 or greater
- Use the "Donation" button on the registration page
- Please mention the "Ramon & Dayanthie Calderon Scholarship" in the comments box.
- Or donate in person on tournament day at the CSUN booth
Other ways to contribute:
- Friends and Family who don't play can sponsor you! (Download this Player Sponsor sheet). Ask friends to signup or post it on a bulletin board with an email. No need to collect money, CSUN will send an invoice. See the sample email to share on sheet.
- Donate to the CSUN Beach Volleyball Team. (See "Donation" button on the registration page).
- Even a little support of $20 will add up and make a difference in the education and athletic training of a player!
- Prizes for fundraising: The highest 4 fundraisers will receive an autographed team ball & invitation to play in an exhibition match against the CSUN team at Noon during the tournament. (or may designate a player of their choice). Other prizes will be given to our supporters including season tickets to the Matadors Mens and Women's indoor season and more.
- Follow the Team! Check the CSUN Beach Volleyball Team Spring 2017 Schedule. Come cheer them on! The court side seats on the bleachers or from your lawn chair are lovely.
- Donations are tax deductible.
Matador's Beach Volleyball Program and Goals
- Our goal is to obtain support for 10 dedicated CSUN beach volleyball players ($500-$9000 each)
- The new CSUN beach volleyball courts have invigorated the Matador volleyball program. Thanks to all who helped us get this far!
- In this newly designated sport, CSUN beach players are currently unfunded and play purely for the love of the game.
- From the training room: cross over players between indoor and outdoor cannot get full training hours for each sport in an academic year.
- Our plan is to have dedicated players to each of these 2 sports. Players will receive complete training be more competitive.
- Even a little support will make a difference in the education and athletic training of a player!
- Help us grow the game!