CME 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits tm
Dr. Milind Dhond, NorthBay Healthcare, Medical Director of Cardiology at NorthBay Healthcare
Dr. Ezra Amsterdam, UD Davis Health System, Distinguished Professor, Master Clinician Teacher, Associate Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine.
- 11:30-12:30 Registration/Box Lunches
- 12:30 Hyperlipidemia Therapy Review ~ Garrett Wong, MD
- 1:00 Current Therapy for Congestive Heart Failure ~ Ezra Amsterdam, MD, F.A.C.C.
- 1:30 Electrocardiogram Basics ~ Milind Dhond, MD, F.A.C.C
- 2:00 Break
- 2:15 Chest Pain Unit in the Emergency Room ~ Ezra Amsterdam, MD, F.A.C.C
- 2:45 Peripheral Arterial Disease ~ Venita Chandra, MD
- 3:15 Treating Coronary Artery Disease/Myocardial Infarction ~ Garrett Wong, MD
- 3:45 Refreshment Break
- 4:00 Therapy for Varicose Veins and Venous Disease ~ Milind Dhond, MD, F.A.C.C.
- 4:30 Novel Anticoagulants ~ Brian Vikstrom, MD
- 5:00 Latest Advances in Cardiology ~ Milind Dhond, MD, F.A.C.C.
- 5:30 Evaluations
- 6:00 Closing Reception at Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company, Suisun Valley
Milind Dhond, MD, F.A.C.C., Course Co-Director, Medical Director of Cardiology, NorthBay Healthcare, Associate Clinical Professor, University of California, Davis
Brian Vikstrom, MD, Hematology/Onocology, NorthBay Cancer Center
UCDavis Health System
Ezra Amsterdam, MD, F.A.C.C., Course Co-Director, Distinguished Professor, Master Clinician Teacher, Associate Chief, Division ofCardiovascular Medicine
Garrett Wong, MD, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Assistant Clinical Professor, University of California, Davis
Venita Chandra, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the chest pain unit in triaging ED chest pain in triaging ED chest pain patients
- Recall the etiology and treatment of CHF
- Discuss the latest guidelines in treating hyperlipidemia in a primary care practice setting
- Recognize the therapies that patients with CAD/MI should take in a primary care setting
- Recall the etiology, treatment and the latest advances for PAD
- Recognize basic ECG diagnoses and their utilization in patient management
- Discuss the current state of the art techniques and future technologies in cardiology
- Discuss the epidemiology, etiolgy and latest techniquest in treating varicose veins in the primary care setting
- Risks and benefits of using novel antiocoagulants for treating deep vein thrombosis (DVT)/atrial fibrilaation (A-FIB) in an outpatient setting
LUNCH - Box lunches will be provided prior to the conference starting.
Suisun Valley Discovery: For only $25, Guests not attending the conference can enjoy an afternoon of wonderful Suisun Valley Discovery~ Solano County's Hidden Treasure! This package includes:
- Transportation (meet at NorthBay Healthcare Green Valley Administration Center at noon)
- Lunch at one of Suisun Valley's Newest Restaurants
- Complimentary wine tasting at several of the local wineries
- Jelly Belly Tour (depending on interest)
- Budweiser Tour (depending on interest)
RSVP required ~ Space is limited!
You and a guest are invited to join us for the closing reception at Il Fiorello Olive Oil Comppany. Just a short 4.1 miles drive from event! Experience a guided wine tasting led by a master sommelier, and also and international wine judge. You'll enjoy a tasting of of Il Fiorello's estate-grown olive oil with paired hors d'oeuvres.
RSVP ~ Space is limited!
Contact NorthBay Healthcare Business Development Department at (707) 646-3284 or email at PhysicianEvents@NorthBay.org .
Hotel Accomodations contact: Staybridge Suites (707) 863-0900. Ask for the NorthBay Healthcare rate. Discounted rate good until 3/28/2014. This hotel is only .7 miles from NorthBay Healthcare Conference Center.
The University of California, Davis, Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit: The University of California, Davis, Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA PRA Category 1 credit acceptable for multidisciplinary team members
Nurse: For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME. For the purpose of relicensure, the California Board of Registered Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ (report hours of credit and fill in “CME Category 1” for the provider number).
Physician Assistant: The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
EMS: 4 CE hours will be awarded by NorthBay Healthcare to EMS personnel upon successful completion of conference requirements: Provider approved by Solano County EMS Agency, CE Provider #48-0003. No partial credit will be issued.
Refunds will be given up until April 2, 2014 at 11:59 pm, minus a $25 processing fee.
When & Where
NorthBay Healthcare ~ Advancing Medical Care in our Community
We bring sophisticated medical services to Solano County by recruiting highly trained physicians and staff who are vital to outstanding patient care. Our facilities are equipped with the latest technology to facilitate cutting-edge health care. We offer new advanced services and enhance existing services to ensure the best care in our community.