Ticket purchase is for ALL four classes. Please select any date upon registering.
Looking to take your pointed pen calligraphy skills to the next level and put that ink to good use? Have you dabbled with calligraphy before but feel ready to dig deeper? If so, grab a friend (or fly solo!) and get ready to wow your friends and family with some beautifully addressed correspondence!
Join Leigh, owner of Lovely Scribe Calligraphy, for an intensive 4 week Envelope Addressing Workshop! This course (12 contact hours in total) was designed with the DIY bride, hobbyist and budding calligrapher in mind. Although open to all levels of learners, having had some pointed pen experience is recommended. But, beginners are welcome, too!
Instruction will focus on letter formation development, different writing styles/ alphabets (super modern all the way to classic bridal), spacing/ centering written work, using various guidelines for envelope addressing and mixing and thinning inks/ goauche (black, white, gold, copper). Participants are welcome to bring in personal stationery for help and guidance in tackling an envelope addressing project.
Your toolkit includes:
- 12 total contact hours of hands-on instruction with Leigh, owner of Lovely Scribe Calligraphy
- alphabet worksheets (various styles)
- 1 hand lettered totebag
- Professional artist quality white, black, gold and copper ink
- 1 address etiquette guideline book
- 1 dinky dip
- 1 Slider Writer Laser lining tool
- Professional Grade Envelopes (various sizes and colors)
- 1 pipette, dappen dish
- Kneaded eraser
- Mechanical pencil
- Wooden pen holder
- Various nibs (collection of Leigh's favorites!) + other goodies