A Beer Dinner for Holiday Hurricane Relief at Alewife
Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM (EST)
New York, United States
This is a very special event that will be bringing together some of the best breweries in the country, along with one of New York City's finest food and drink outposts, to help raise money for those in need right around the holidays. Please join us for an evening with Smuttynose, Lagunitas, Oskar Blues, Dogfish Head, Greenport Harbor, and the Bronx Brewery as we pair some of their incredible beers with the amazingly delicious food at Alewife in Long Island City.
Your old friend Ben Wood will be flying in from Chile specifically for the event as the host for the evening, so please get your tickets early and lets make this an amazing night for a fantastic cause.
Tickets are $50 per person, this includes all food and drink during the dinner plus a welcoming beer when you walk in the door, how rad is that?!
1. Winter Ratatouille: slow roast medley of Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and French herbs.
2. Mushroom Risotto: Sautéed Mushrooms of the day mixed with creamy risotto.
3. Catfish: Catfish seasoned with Cajun Spices sits on top of a Spanish style tomato/pepper stew.
4. Beer Braised Short Ribs- Short Ribs braised for 5 hours cradles mashed potatoes mixed with wasabi.
5. Bread Pudding - Bread Pudding made with a beer vanilla custard topped with French whipped cream
All courses will be paired with local breweries and a very special 6th course will be added!
When & Where
Alewife NYC is located 5/14 51st Avenue between 5thand Vernon avenues, LIC, 11101. Subway access via 7 train at Vernon Jackson stop – G & E Train via Court St & 21st Street. Ferry from 34thstreet to LIC
About Alewife NYC:
With 28 rotating craft beers on tap, 1 casks on at all times, 50 bottles of specialty craft bottles both foreign and domestic, Alewife has become NYC's go-to spot for all things craft beer.