Greetings A.R.E. Community
We are happy to announce that our 9th Annual Jog-a-Thon is fast approaching. Please save the date and help us fundraise for our A.R.E. student scholarship fund.
The Association of Raza Educators (A.R.E.) is committed to the struggle for some of our most disenfranchised students: undocumented/immigrant youth. As an organization, we have established our undocumented/immigrant student scholarship for various reasons; to stand with our undocumented/immigrant youth as the scholarship is a symbolic gesture of solidarity; and thus to challenge the state to recognize that all students have a right to an education; EDUCATION IS A HUMAN RIGHT!
We must remind ourselves that our scholarships cannot fulfill the needs of our undocumented youth, but we believe this is a way to reclaim our humanity in the midst of constant attacks against our community. Because we do not accept corporate sponsorship (corporations are the cause for the displacement of our students and their families), scholarship fundraising has become an arduous task that must be undertaken as a practice in self-determination.
What is the A.R.E. Jog-A-Thon?
The Association of Raza Educators (A.R.E.) San Diego Jog-A-Thon is one of our fundraisers of the year where students, families, friends, and community members make a pledge and donate money to support runners/walkers with their Jog-A-Thon pledge goal. Our goal this year is to raise enough funds to award 10 student scholarships. We know this can be possible with your help and support. We ask that you please make a pledge today, and or sign-up to be a runner/walker!
How does it work?
- Before the day of the Jog-A-Thon, runners/walkers will obtain a pledge card (contact any A.R.E. Mesa member).
- Each runner/walker will set- up a personal Jog-A-Thon pledge goal.
- Each runner/walker can obtain pledges and donations from friends, family members, colleagues, and or community members to help them with her/his Jog-A-Thon pledge goal.
- After each runner/walker has reached her/his Jog-A-Thon pledge goal all the funds will go directly to the A.R.E. scholarship fund which is set-up to support immigrant/AB-540 students.
- Note: Jog-A-Thon pledge goals can vary depending on what each runner/walker think they can fundraise. We encourage runners/walkers to be creative, invite their supporters the day of the Jog-A-Thon to come and cheer for them. No pledge goal is too big or too small, we encourage and welcome all the support!
- All Jog-A-Thon pledges will be collected at A.R.E. general meetings, and or by any A.R.E. Mesa member, for more information contact us at email@example.com