99U Pop-Up School
September 18-20th, 2013
82 Mercer St, 2nd Fl
New York, NY
The 99U Pop-Up School will take place 82MERCER (82 Mercer St, New York, NY), a gorgeous loft space in the heart of SoHo, New York City. A former manufacturing facility, 82Mercer still retains some of its original 19th century details, including cast iron columns, 14-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, and brick archways. Loft-style windows provide plenty of natural light and views of Broadway and Mercer Street. The space is accessible via most subway lines. You can view more photos of the space here.
Doors will open at 82Mercer at 11:30am each day and the program runs until 6:30pm. Each day will offer a mix of keynotes and master classes in the Lecture Hall, and a variety of skill-building booths, interactive sessions, and demos on the Playground. View the schedules for each day here: Career Development, Entrepreneurship, Brand + Digital Strategy.
We've curated a handful of leading creatives and researchers to share actionable advice each day. The lineups are as follows:
Wednesday, 9/18 - Career Development
- Scott Belsky, Co-Founder & Head of Behance, VP of Community at Adobe
- Heidi Grant Halvorson, Associate Director, Columbia University Motivation Science Center
- James Victore, Designer & Educator
- Ben Barry, Designer & Co-Founder, Facebook Analog Research Lab
- Simon Sinek, Author & Leadership Expert, Start With Why
Thursday, 9/19 - Entrepreneurship
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Kathryn Minshew, CEO & Founder, The Muse
- Patrick Buckley, Co-Founder, DODOcase
- Craig Dalton, Co-Founder, DODOcase
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder, Reddit
Friday, 9/20 - Brand and Digital Strategy
- Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO, VaynerMedia.
- Jonathan Perelman, VP of Agency Strategy, Buzzfeed
- Allison Johnson, Founder of West & Former VP of Global Marketing at Apple
- Aaron Dignan, CEO, Undercurrent
/// ON THE PLAYGROUND
During each day, you'll also have exclusive access to the Playground, which will offer a variety of skill-building booths, interactive sessions, demos, and much more. The program will include:
- 99U mentor sessions on time management, risk-taking, and business planning
- Behance portfolio review and feedback sessions
- Myers-Briggs personality testing and career counseling
- Adobe "Ask a Creative Pro" tips sessions & demos
- Tattly tattoo booth and cut-and-paste lounge
- Start-Up Lounge for entrepreneurial advice
- Co-working space
- Pop-Up bookstore
- Unlimited coffee
- Snacks, pizza, and beer will also be available
/// REFUND & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
All tickets are non-refundable. However, if you find you cannot make the event, you can transfer your ticket to another person free of charge through September 10th, 2013. After that date, no exchanges or exceptions will be made.
We are actively recruiting volunteers for the Pop-Up School. If you would like to help us make this incredible event happen, apply to be a volunteer here.
When & Where
99U is a website, quarterly magazine, and annual conference that tells the stories of creative leaders who are mastering their crafts, building incredible careers, and shaping their industries.