8th Annual TALC Holiday Dinner
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
8th Annual TALC Holiday Dinner
The Art of Identifying, Hiring, and Topgrading Top Producing Recruiters
Presentation and Member Discussion Lead by Alan Strauss
(Managing Partner at StartFinder and Founder of TALC)
When: Wednesday, December 7th at 6:30 pm
Where: The Palm, Tysons Corner, VA
Why: To provide a vendor neutral and collaborative forum for executives in the talent acquisition industry to share best practices, discuss industry challenges and to network together to build a strong community interest.
Who Should Attend: Corporate talent acquisition vice presidents and directors
Meeting Information: Our dinners always provide everyone with a great environment to network with peers in a more casual setting. Our dinners are usually our most popular events of the year and they usually sell out. Also, due to our format, we are going to limit attendance to 3 people per company.
Topic: Recruiters are the lifeline of all our businesses. How confident are you that you have the right recruiters for your organization and that they are in the right roles? At our dinner, we will discuss the following questions:
- How can you identify and hire “A” recruiters (the top 10% of producers within the marketplace)?
- How can you better implement Topgrading strategies and better manage talent to increase your productivity across your organization?
- What are the skills and attributes that make a top producing recruiter within our particular organizations?
Cost: The cost for the dinner is $50 per person and it includes everything (dinner and drinks).
RSVP: Please RSVP by COB on Monday, December 5th.
Sponsor Information: As you all know, we do not charge fees or have any other revenue sources for our organization, and as you can probably guess, dinner at The Palm is significantly more than $50 person. Therefore, we would like to thank Appcast for sponsoring the additional cost of the event! Appcast's CEO Chris Forman will also be giving a brief presentation called The Recruitment Marketing Revolution....Will not Be Televised--how marketing techniques and technologies are quietly changing talent acquisition.
Save This Event
When & Where
TALC members get together once a quarter to discuss key industry challenges and industry best practices. Our meetings have included panel discussions, guest speakers, and presentations from members on topics. Our meetings include panel discussions, guest speakers, and member presentations. Some of our past meetings have included presentations from industry leading subject manager experts including:
- Ron Mester (CEO of ERE) on the future of the talent acquisition marketplace.
- Debra Carr (Head of Policy for OFCCP) to discuss how Federal contractors can better connect with OFFP officials.
- Donna Weiss (Practice Leader at Corporate Executive Board) presented on key the next generation recruiter and developing talent advisor relationships.
- Keith Elson (BPO Account Lead at Accenture) led a roundtable discussion on ever-changing communication methods for talent acquisition professionals.
- Brent Rasmussen (President of CareerBuilder) on the state of the recruitment marketplace.
In order to qualify to be a member within TALC, members must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current talent acquisition executive in a corporate environment (no vendors, staffing executives, HR executives, or recruiters)
- Have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience
- Be a current Vice President, Director or Manager of Talent Acquisition for a corporate recruiting organization
- Manage a team of at least 5 recruiters
- Spend a majority of their daily function in a recruitment function (we do not discuss general HR topics)