Actions and Detail Panel
8Th ANNUAL COMMUNITY BABY SHOWER & WORKSHOPS
Sat, May 6, 2017, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
SARA'S HOUSE 8TH ANNUAL COMMUNITY BABY SHOWER & WORKSHOPS
Sara’s House is preparing to provide enormous resources to over 100 expecting mothers this year, helping mothers who are homeless and in transition celebrate the birth of their child with dignity and joy. The Community Baby Shower remains a time of celebration where our moms truly feel like they are attending their very own personal shower.
The expecting mothers we provide resources for are in or coming out of tragic situations. Many are homeless, others are victims of domestic violence while some are pregnant teenagers feeling alone and abandon, struggling with depression and even suicide. Each year more and more expecting mothers depend on Sara’s House. We want to keep improving to better meet their needs.
HOW EXPECTING MOTHERS CAN PARTICIPATE
Participants are typically referred through DHS, shelters, social workers, churches and other human service organizations. However, any mom or teen that is pregnant and low-income may register and call us anytime if you have questions. You can also inbox us on Facebook. To secure your FREE ticket, register for the Community Baby Shower on Eventbrite by completing our online questionnaire which is part of our screening process. To obtain a car seat, stroller & pack n play, you must attend (2) workshops ALL WORKSHOPS ARE FREE. Workshop topics will consist of:
- Financial Empowerment
- Professional Development
- Stress Management
- Vision Boards
- Saturday, March 25, 2017: 12:00 - 3:00 p.m., Grand Innovation, 1400 Woodbridge, 4th Floor
- Saturday, April 8, 2017: 12 – 3 pm. Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, Detroit, MI, 48202, Room: 3C51
- Car Seat & Sleep Safety (Mandatory) Saturday, April 22, 2017: 12 – 3 pm. Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, Detroit, MI 48202, Room: 3C51(To receive a car seat, you must attend this workshop)
ABOUT THE 8th ANNUAL COMMUNITY BABY SHOWER
- Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- 24061 Coolidge Highway Oak Park, MI 48237
- Moms check-in at 11:00am
- Wonderful Complimentary Lunch, Games, Gifts and Great Fun!!!
- Professional Complimentary Mommy Portrait
- Health and Wellness Fair Vendors
- Celebrity Host, Comedian Crystal P
- Honorary Chairwoman, Tracey McCaskill-Williams
IMPORTANT FACTS FOR YOUR REVIEW
- Expecting mothers attend the Community Baby Shower Free.
- Guest tickets are $10.00 (NO EXCEPTION) (No payments at the venue)
- Sara's House does not provide transportation to the baby shower or the workshops
- Expecting mothers must register in advance. No walk-ins allowed
- Expecting mothers receive many items for their child, please plan ahead for transporting these items i.e. strollers, car seat
- When posting pictures and the like on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram please use #sarashouse #babyshower
Remember moms, after you've secure your ticket(s) please complete the questionnaire which is part of our screening process then select the day you plan on attending the workshops. For more information and questions please call us at 313.473.7814 or 313.330.2535.