oaches , Players , and Parents:
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the 9th Annual Atlanta Basketball Classic . Here is some information that will help make you trip more enjoyable.
1. REGISTRATION: All teams must send a representative (NO PLAYERS) to pick up your tournament package at Gym of your first game No coaches passes will be issued at any other gym.
Registration: Will be open from 6-10pm on Friday and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.AGAIN , TEAMS MUST PICK UP THERE PACKAGES AT GYM OF YOUR FIRST GAME PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE GYM WITH OUT YOUR CREDENTIALS. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY!!!
NCAA Registration - All teams ( with the exception of 2nd and 6th grade) must be opted -in to the AIT. Only coaches with approval numbers will be given credentials to sit on the bench. Coaches listed on your NCAA roster will be given passes to enter event. Passes must be worn the entire weekend. Broken wrist bands will not be accepted.
2. ROSTER: Roster will be based on your NCAA certified roster. We will issue pre printed score sheets for your convenience. After the roster is turned in. No additions can be made to the roster.
3. GAME BALLS: We will provide NIKE Game balls for game play only. You may bring your own balls to warm up with.
4. SCHEDULE - Schedule will be posted on the D1spects website- no later than 8 pm this evening. Please do not call about the schedule. We will email you once it is completed.
5. Championship Brackets: TBD
AWARDS: Trophies will be issued for Gold and Silver Bracket Champions and Runners up - T- Shirts will be given to players and coaches for Champions and Runners up in the Gold Division Only.
6. Coachs Attire: Coaches must were either a Coaches shirt with a collar or Team t-shirt with team name on it. Shorts are acceptable. NO FLIP FLOPS.
7. GAME TIME is GAME TIME ... 15 min grace period will be given. The team that is late will be penalized a point for every minute late. Clock will be running clock should the game start 15 minutes late.
MAYNARD JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL - 801 GLENWOOD AVE , ATLANTA , GA 30312
Harold Thompson 404-454-2919
Friday $8.00 Adults -$8.00 Saturday and $8.00 Sunday - Children Under 6 Free
Coaches will be given Three wrist bands at registration . Coaches names must be on the approved roster. Credentials can only be picked up at Banneker High School.
6th -7th - 14 minute halves - Clock stops , One and One on 7 fouls , 5 time outs per game
Elementary (1st- 5th) - 12 minute halves - Clock stops, 1 and 1 on 7 fouls , 5 time outs
Georgia High School rules are in affect
• Teams must provide their own warm up balls
• Home team wears light colored uniforms (top of bracket)
• Visitor team wears dark colored uniforms
• Home team sits to the left of scorers table
• Visitor teams sits to the right of scorers table
• Each team will warm up on the end opposite its bench
• Thirty (30) point second half mercy rule
• Two man referee crews
• Players foul out of the game on their 5th foul
• No 1 and 1 foul shots, two (2) foul shots on the 7th foul of each half
• Two (2) timeouts per half-timeouts do not carry over
Overtime Rules - All Divisions
• Two (2) minute running clock
• Clock stops only on shooting fouls and timeouts
• One (1) timeout in overtime-timeouts do not carry over into overtime
All Divisions 1) If two teams are tied, the tiebreaker is decided by head-to- head competition. 2) If more than two teams are tied, the tiebreaker is decided by the point differentials of only the teams involved (15 point cap per game). The highest number receives the higher seed and the second highest will receive the next lower seed, ect. 3) If more than two are tied after using the above tiebreaker formula, the point differential of the teams not involved in the tie are added and recalculated (15 point cap per game).
A full set of rules will be posted as we get closer to the start date.