Actions and Detail Panel
8 Week Mindfulness Course (MBSR)
Tue, Jan 24, 2017, 6:30 PM – Tue, Apr 4, 2017, 8:30 PM GMT
8 MBSR Programme (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
Dates and times:
Orientation Session Tuesday 24 January 2017 from 6.30 - 8.30pm
8 weekly sessions 7 February to 4 April from 6.30 - 8.30pm (no class on 28 March).
One extended day of mostly silent practice on Saturday 18 March from 10am - 3pm
The fee for the course is £220, which is payable in advance.
Earlybird fee: £190 (limited numbers).
Please note that we are unable to make any refunds once the course has started.
Through the practice of Mindfulness we are learning to be awake and alert to life’s experiences - to what is happening in the present moment. Choosing to pay attention to the present and to practice in a way which is non-judgmental, developing a sense of self-acceptance and compassion to ourselves and others. Many people completing the programme find lasting benefits including:
- an increased acceptance of life as it is
- an opportunity to relate to life’s experiences in a different and more responsive way
- an increased ability to cope effectively with stressful situations - whether they be shorter or longer term situations
- greater self-confidence and appreciation for life.
- an increased ability to relax and experience a sense of calm.
This is an important opportunity for you to:-
- meet the other course participants.
- learn more about the course.
- ask questions.
- decide (with help from your teacher) whether or not this is the right time in your life to undertake this course.
All participants will be required to complete a personal information form
before starting the course.
What does the course involve?
You will be taught in a group of about 12 students. The weekly sessions are experiential and practical and enable participants to become familiar with a range of mindfulness practices which can be brought into our daily lives. There are also opportunities to discuss and reflect upon our experiences - whether these are within our weekly sessions or between sessions.
Getting the most out of the course will require some effort, and participants are encouraged to commit to home practice of around 45 minutes a day. To support this we will provide you with weekly handouts and practice CDs. Your teacher will also be available via email or phone if you find you are experiencing any difficulties in between sessions in relation to the course.
Mobile: 07885 238213