The Mid Winter Blues Marathon Relay will start promptly at 10:00 a.m. at sound RUNNER Old Saybrook located at 238 Main Street in Old Saybrook, CT. Please park your cars behind the store.
This marathon relay is an uncertified 26.2 course. The course is divided into five legs with distances varying between 3 and 7 miles. All legs are run on a paved surface. Each leg begins and ends at sound RUNNER Old Saybrook and takes you through scenic Connecticut Shoreline routes of Old Saybrook, including North Cove, the Causeway, and Great Hammock Road.
Before 2/13/2017 - $15.00 per person.
2/13/2017 – 2/24/2017 - $20.00 per person.
We will stop accepting applications on 2/24/2017. There is no day of registration. (All entry fees are non-refundable)
In the event of inclement weather the start of the run will be postponed. Be assured that your safety is always first on our minds. The rain date for this event is March 5th, 2017.
Results for the 2017 Mid-Winter Blues Marathon Relay will be posted on www.soundrunner.com.
Packets will be available for pick up on Saturday, February 25th from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Packets may be picked up starting at 8:00 am the morning of the relay. Each runner will receive course map with description of legs, safety tips and a runner baton.
- Participants can enjoy 20% off full price merchandise during packet pick up and duration of event. This offer excludes all electronics.
- Participation is limited to 15 teams.
- Awards will be presented to team that finishes in the least amount of time.
- Each team will be presented with start time with their packet in hopes to allow for teams to finish close together. Start times will be awarded by average team pace for 5 miles. Please be truthful in your estimates as your team may be disqualified if there is more than a 10 minute shift in finish time.
- Captains are responsible for relaying all information to their team.
- Teams must consist of 2-5 runners. Each runner will run on only one team.
- All legs will begin and end at sound RUNNER. Batons (bracelets) will be passed from one runner to the next.
- All runners must wear a reflective vest.
- Please arrive by 9:30 am on the day of the relay to organize your team and to be present for safety briefing.
- This run is purely a fun run. There is no official timing, bib numbers and course is not officially measured.
A potluck will be held at the end of the relay at sound RUNNER Old Saybrook. Each team is responsible for bringing a minimum of 2 dishes and a beverage. There will be limited resources for electrical outlets. If you wish to use a crock pot or hotplate for your dish please be sure to supply surge protector in case it is needed.
Please look over the following limitations to ensure you have the best Mid Winter Blues Marathon Relay experience.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Packets will not be mailed. Please pick them up at the assigned times, noted above.
- The event course closes at 4:00 pm. If your team has not completed all of their legs, then the captain is responsible for retrieving their runners from the course.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All runner's must be 18 years or older, unless they are accompanied by an adult on the course.
Where do I park for the event?
Parking is available behind the building. The entrance is located on Sheffield Street.
What do we need to bring to the event?
All teams are required to bring 2 pot luck items and 1 beverage. Also, participants are required to run in a reflective vest.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Chris Rosenberg. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 860.388.3800.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
The person that registered for the event must be the person participating. If you cannot participate, please let us know prior to the event and we substitute a new runner in your place.