This training is an introduction to the model of trauma informed care that SaintA has developed over the past seven years and has implemented across a variety of school environments.
Participants who attend this training will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of adverse experiences and the scope of their impact.
- Define and respond to behavior from a trauma informed perspective.
- Describe how trauma affects the brain and influences development, behavior and learning.
- Identify factors that enhance the capacity for positive relationship for students who have adverse experiences.
- Describe how purpose, belonging and safety enhance client well-being.
- Identify techniques that enhance caregiver capacity and connect them to client outcomes.
- Identify action steps to create a trauma sensitive school environment for all students.
Registration for this training costs $100, with lunch provided.