CrossFit Fort Myers is proud to present "70's Big"
The 70′s Big Workshops are interactive lectures that cover material related to strength training and its application to competition and sport. The aim is to make the science behind training more clear – conceptual or otherwise – so that you and/or your athletes can implement the lessons immediately. The subject matter is tweaked for every workshop so that it is specific to the needs and wants of the audience. Requests on presentation material can be made prior to the event. Attendees are encouraged to arrive with questions – it’s supposed to be interactive after all. If we are unable to answer a question, then we’ll find someone who can. Attendees will receive information packets in addition to discounts and “prizes”
Here is the subject matter of this 4 to 5 hour interactive workshop:
- What is 70’s Big? — Strength, anti-emaciation, competition, education, etc.
- The effect of strength on other physical attributes
- Creating/following an effective program
- Dispelling training myths
- Necessary training equipment
- Points of emphasis for different populations (male/female, small/medium/large)
- Dealing with injuries and setbacks
- Programming for different competitions
- Your first lifting meet
- Food guidelines
Note that we are not teaching anyone how to lift nor are we teaching lifting mechanics. If you are interested in those necessary and valuable lessons then it’d be worth your money to attend a Starting Strength Seminar.
When & Where
CrossFit Fort Myers LLC
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide.
Programs offered at CrossFit Fort Myers:
*CrossFit Games Prep