Actions and Detail Panel
6th IFAD International Fluid Academy Days
Thu, Nov 23, 2017, 8:00 AM – Sat, Nov 25, 2017, 5:30 PM CET
A neglected topic for way too long, the interest in fluid therapy seems to be quickly rising as the medical community is making a shift from looking at fluids as a mere method of stabilization towards the appreciation of its relevant side effects.
Many questions remain to be answered indeed:
- Is the upgrade from saline 0.9% to balanced crystalloids worth the extra cost?
- Does HES still have a place in the OR or ICU?
- Do we have to fill the gap left by HES on ICU with crystalloids, other colloids or even albumin?
- Is it really impossible to avoid fluid overload by using only crystalloids?
- Is there still a definitive place for human albumin?
- How do we treat and monitor specific patient populations, like patients with trauma, liver failure, brain edema and right heart failure among others?
- How do we avoid a one-size-fits-all regimen in perioperative goal-directed therapy?
- What with the fluids beyond resuscitation?
- And what do the authors of the big fluid trials do in real life themselves?
The 6th International Fluid Academy Days will again be a 3 day concise meeting on all aspects of fluid managament and hemodynamic monitoring in the critically ill.
For updates please check our website regularly
Please check out our BLOG pages
Download Full text PDF's
View all slides from previous IFAD meetings