6th Annual #dontneed2 NubAbility All Sport Camp
6th ANNUAL #dontneed2 ALL SPORT SUMMER CAMP
We've been getting kids with limb-differences out of the stands, off the bench and into the game now for 6 years! Several of our former campers are now coaches and college athletes. We encourage courage through sport and in life for kids who discover they can compete! We discount our fees to the bare minimum in order to provide the #dontneed2 camp opportunity to as many kids as possible. We are a 501(c)3 Nonprofit, recognized by the IRS since November 2, 2011. We appreciate all donations big and small that get our ALL VOLUNTEER Coaching staff to our camp and provide the BEST in sport instruction anywhere in the country. Our aim is for our campers to eventually be seen as the athlete they are....an Athlete, PERIOD. Our program is life-changing. Just check out our reviews on our Facebook page!
Located in DuQuoin in the center of scenic Southern lllinois, our camp is welcomed and staffed by local volunteers in addition to our international coaching team. You will want to extend your stay to enjoy the beauty of the heartland.
Our Camp begins on Thursday July 13 at 9:00am with Golf, Swimming, Trap, Skeet, Archery, and an expo of Wakeboarding and Skiing. Then on Friday, comes the SWEATY part!
Campers choose a focus sport they wish to get the most intense training in during 6 Focus Sport Sessions. They will then have the option of sheduling open sport sessions in 6 other sports they have an interest in. These sessions times are:
- 1:00 pm on Friday July 14 until 7:30pm.
- 9:00 am on Saturday July 15 until 7:30pm.
- 10:30 on Sunday until 1:00pm (Optional worship service will be at 9:30am)
We offer expert coaching in the following sports:
Focus & Open Sport Options
- Track & Field,
- Boys Basketball,
- Girls Basketball,
- Cheer & Tumbling,
- Grappling (Wrestling & BJJ),
- *Skateboarding, (New this year and provided by Adaptive Skate Kollective Organization)
- Strength, Speed, Agility (New to choose as a FOCUS sport this year!)
- **Bully Proof Self-Defense (Open Session Only)
- *Trap & Skeet (Must have firearm/hunter saftey certificate and be 8 years or older to participate)
See how we roll: https://youtu.be/8ZvBLUMaXwg
This event is open to limb-different, congenital and traumatic amputee youth, ages 4-17 and siblings ages 6-17 who want instruction, motivation and mentoring in mainstreamed competitive sports.
- All participants must be independently mobile either with or w/o prosthetics.
- Under the coaching of over 60 accomplished limb-different athletes, campers will choose from 14 focus sports and experience competion ready instruction in trap & skeet shooting, fishing and archery also.
- Campers receive age and skill level appropriate coaching, in fundamental to advanced skills, adaptive technique and scrimmage experience in each sport they participate in.
- Campers are divided by age into the Minors 4-9 and the Majors 10-17.
- Campers will be put into age and skill level groups within each individual sport.
- Athletes in the the 10-17 age group level will get more intense coaching instruction. PLEASE NOTE: Our coaches are all serious athletes and they intend to up the level of play of each of their campers for this age level. This is not a support group camp. The support happens magically, but the instruction is intentional, planned, and professionally executed. If you think we are underqualified to coach your kid, due to their current level of success in sports, you shouldn't discount our program without trying it. If you are concerned that your kid is not capable of handling real coaching and critiquing of their skills in order to improve their game, to not only compete against mainstreamed peers, but to win against them, then we can recommend several other awesom camp expereinces for your child to have a great experience.
- For any questions about our coaches or sport groups, please email Sam@NubAbility.org
- Sibling Sessions have a cap of 70. No Exceptions. PLEASE NOTE: Participating 1. Must have finished the first grade. 2. Be Sport Minded. 3. Take Coaching Instruction well. Separate Session Registrations!
- Non-Participating Siblings must register as such. No age limit. No activities provided. Must be with parents AT ALL TIMES.
- Meal plans for camp are available for purchase and are limited to the first 200 individual tickets sold
- Families granted full camp scholarships will automatically be enrolled in our onsite meal plan.
- Mealtime options off camp property are plenty with several great local restaurants available, discounts are available.
- Off site locations: DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, MorMad Farms and Lodging Shooting Range, DuQuoin Municipal Swimming Pool and Red Hawk Country Club
Camp Launch Party will be on Thursday July 14th at 6pm. DuQuoin State Fairgrounds (beautiful camping location!)
The Focus and Open Sport Sessions of Camp will be held at DuQuoin High School in DuQuoin, IL
Parade of Champions Ceremony will be at 1:00 PM in the DHS Gymnasium for ALL campers and coaches.
Lodging is to be arranged by the camper family and is NOT included in the camp fees. Links to availability in confirmation letter.
Every camper and family participant will receive a camp t-shirt, commemorative wristbands, 1 drawstring athletic bag and much much more!
Volunteer Information will be released in May and there will be a seperate event link to register if you are interested.
Parent Volunteers are limited to alumni camp parents only, as we want Rookies to enjoy the total experience.
A Parent Team will be available to answer all kinds of questions, trouble shoot issues and mentor each other. This team is led by 6th year camp parents and will be introduced with their team at the camp launch party.
We will communicate primarily by text messaging and email. PLEASE make sure you subscribe to both of those methods once you receive your camp confirmation letter.
A secret Facebook Group called NubAbility Sport Camps is for any family members that are on Facebook. It is a safe way to enjoy the NubAbility Family and the community of amazing limb-different athletes. You must be registered to be added.
For any questions about general camp information please email info@NubAbility.org or message 618) 357-1394 No calls please. We will get back to you ASAP. Promise.
Year 6 is going to be EPIC! WE HOPE YOU'LL JOIN OUR TEAM!
"I will not allow your perception of my limits, limit my detemination to crush your pity and replace it with your respect of my ability to compete!" Coach Sam Kuhnert, Founder of NubAbility Athletics Foundation