Skip Main Navigation
Page Content

Save This Event

Event Saved

5th Annual "Road 2 Success Youth Summit" Lights Camera Action

Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc.

Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)

5th Annual "Road 2 Success Youth Summit" Lights Camera...

Who's Going

Loading your connections...

Share 5th Annual "Road 2 Success Youth Summit" Lights Camera Action

Event Details

Dear Community Partners,

Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc., is excited to invite you to our 5th annual youth summit "Road 2 Success: Lights Camera Action" on June 10, 2017 from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. Our event will take place in Brooklyn, New York. Location: 180 Remsen Streer, Brooklyn, NY 11216.

Who Should Attend: 8th - 12th grade youth, parents, community organizations, schools, girls scouts, boys, girls, LGBTQ community and all of our community partners.

About Road 2 Success:Light's Camera Action": This full day event will consist of a panel discussion with dynamic business and community leaders, interactive workshops for youth to gain tangible skills about life, relationships building and wealth. This year's Road 2 Success theme is lights camera action. We took our five pillars of success: (Entrepreneurship, Financial literacy, Career Etiquette, Creative Arts and Community service), and created a day of fun, learning, entertainment, networking and resources sharing.Through the arts, we will show youth how to build a business, how to discover their gifts and talents, how work can be fun and rewarding and lastly, we will show them how to make money in a unique way.

Invited guests: We have intived over 50 NYC Schools, Nonprofit and Community organziations to be a part of our annual summit.

For more information on our youth summit t, visit bit.ly/d2dlrad2success contact Ijana Nathaniel, Founder of Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc., at ijana@dare2dreamleaders.org or leave a message at 347-586-9604. Lastly, visit our website www.dare2dreamleaders.org.


Sincerely,

Ijana Nathaniel

Have questions about 5th Annual "Road 2 Success Youth Summit" Lights Camera Action? Contact Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc.

Save This Event

Event Saved

When & Where


Brooklyn
180 Remsen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11210

Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)


  Add to my calendar

Organizer

Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc.

 

Dare 2 Dream Leaders Inc. (D2DL), is a 501(c) (3) youth empowerment organization that serves youth ages 11-18 in the East Flatbush area of Brooklyn, NY. Established in December 2010, our mission is to empower youth by providing education, skills and resources that will help build them into dynamic future leaders who are economically and socially independent. Since our inception, we have developed various programs which include community building, career development, recreation through the arts and internships through various community organizations and businesses. 
 
Our organization provides educational workshops to the most vulnerable youth.  We have five core programs that include Creative Arts, Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy, Etiquette and Community Service. Our youth populations consist of 85% African Americans, 10% Hispanic/Latinos and About 5% Asian/Pakistani.  We are not gender focused we believe all students are in need of programs such as this.  About 85% of our participants are young girls and the remaining 15% are young boys eager to learn and have fun.  In the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn the median income level is $43,000 per household of three or more family members.  In this area the crime rates are high and most of the violence against this age group occurs after school hours or during the weekend when youth are not in a safe place.  My organization provides youth with education and tools that will help them academically, but mainly it will help then gain skills needed to get an education, career and tools on how to start and run their own business to help their community.  Through our program we also offer a safe place for youth to learn and grow during after school hours and weekend hours as well. 


  Contact the Organizer
5th Annual "Road 2 Success Youth Summit" Lights Camera Action
Things to do in Brooklyn, NY Conference Charity & Causes

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.