This year's theme is ENGINEERING: See It, Solve It!
The objective of the STEM Expo is to excite kids about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). It will provide an opportunity to broaden your connection with schools in workforce development.
The focus will be on the variety of engineering disciplines in STEM education, such as Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Civil Engineering. As always, all STEM fields are encouraged to exhibit.
As an exhibitor, you will share with hands-on activities the STEM skills used in your business. Students will have the opportunity to explore the variety of job skills related to STEM and the learning pathways towards obtaining those job skills.
We believe every student should have an opportunity to excel in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. We have been looking at ways to creatively engage our young people in the STEM fields. The Enumclaw STEM Expo, science fairs, robotics competitions, job shadowing, and mentoring are ways to encourage our young people to create, build, and invent -- to be able to see a need and solve it.
You and your company are a great asset to promote this opportunity and we look forward to seeing you at the 5th Annual Enumclaw Interactive STEM Expo on February 09, 2017.
Where do I unload and what are my parking options?
Please unload your interactive exhibit in the designated zone at the back of the facility along 284th Ave. Once unloaded, please move your vehicle to the main north parking lot. Please refer to the Expo Center map in the registration packet. If you have special parking needs or requests, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I check in upon arrival?
Please check in at the exhibitor registration table to receive nametag and booth information in the Enumclaw Expo Exhibit Hall. Volunteers will be available to help assist with unloading exhibits and locating your assigned booth.
What time can I arrive onsite to begin my booth set-up?
All exhibitors will be allowed to enter the facility to set up their exhibit booths during the following hours:
Wednesday, 2/8/17 – 4PM to 8PM
Thursday, 2/9/17 - 10AM until the Expo opens at 4PM
What is the set up & tear down procedure?
All booths must be set up and ready for the Expo by 4:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Take down should not begin until after 7:30 p.m. Volunteers will be on hand to assist.
What is provided to the exhibitors?
- Nametags with business affiliation
- Assigned booth space set up with black pipes and drapes
- 1 six foot table with black tablecover
- 2 chairs
- Accessible power
- Free wireless access (code provided upon registration check-in)
- Special request accommodations that have been pre-arranged
What should I bring to the STEM event?
- Please bring an interactive display to promote hands on activities (see tips listed below)
- Tablecloth & skirt (optional - black tablecloths will be provided)
- Company sign or banner representing your school, classroom or club affiliation
- Promotional materials
- Power strip
- Extension cords to access power from your booth
Tips for a successful interactive booth:
- The purpose of the STEM Expo is to highlight the skills used in your organization.
- Hands-on activities help students better understand the type of jobs in your organization and the relevant skills required for success.
- Interactive booths attract more visitors than booths that do not have interactive activities.
Is there food available onsite?
A snack room/lounge area will be available for use by exhibitors. Light fare will be provided for free to exhibitors during the STEM Expo. Food concessions will also be available outside for purchase.
To help us improve future Expos, we’d appreciate your participation in the short exit survey before you leave.
Where can I direct any further registration questions?
Direct special accommodation/registration questions to email@example.com.