Early bird pricing now extended through September 15th!
As hospitals are under increased scrutiny by a growing number of auditing agencies regarding level of care and medical necessity, it is crucial that facilities have experts trained in understanding the rules, regulations and guidelines that serve as the roadmap for these audits. This course will train physician advisors to be expert resources for their hospitals and allow them to guide the development of operational improvements at their facilities to reach best practices.
After completing this seminar, the participant should be better able to:
- Summarize Medicare regulations governing hospital admission, use of outpatient beds and observation
- Explain the importance of physician documentation of medical necessity and how it can protect hospitals from payment denials
- Describe the role of the physician advisor in assisting physicians and hospitals in determining proper admission status and obtaining the required documentation
- Differentiate the various Medicare auditors reviewing hospital billing practices including their target areas, powers and tactics
- Explain the role of case management in hospital compliance
- Describe the administrative hearing process specific to Medicare
- Advocate for maximal reimbursement while maintaining integrity using principles of compliance and fairness
Attendees Receive :
- Access to 1.5 days of presentations from national Physician Advisor experts
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments throughout conference
- Ample opportunity for Q&A and interaction with faculty
- Continuing Medical Education Credits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical education through the joint providership of the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) and Accretive Health. ABQAURP is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABQAURP is an approved provider of continuing education for nurses. This activity is designated for 11.50 nursing contact hours through the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider # 50-94.
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.- Buffet Lunch
1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Welcome, Medicare Regulation Update- Ronald Hirsch, MD
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Dr. Velvet Hammer: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Own the Role- Juliet Ugarte Hopkins, MD
3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Break
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Compliance Update- Corey Perman, JD
4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. – interactive case studies- Ronald Hirsch, MD and faculty
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. - How a Physician Advisor Adds Value to an Organization – Howard Stein, DO
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Surgery Status and Medical Necessity Updates – Ronald Hirsch, MD
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. - Break
10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Case Managers and Physician Advisors- The Team – Debbie Blevins, RN
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – The Use and Misuse of Commercial Level of Care Criteria- Aaron Cessna, MD
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. - Lunch Served with Open Forum Q&A Session
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. - Appeals- Commercial Payers and Medicare- Haaris Ali, MD/Nicol Cobaugh
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. Post-Acute Care- Requirements and Proper Utilization- Felicia Skelton, MD
3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Break
3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – "Looking in the mirror, who does a PA strive to be?"- Larry Field, DO
4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Wrap Up and Q&A
Accretive Health has secured a block of rooms at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel. We encourage you to book early as the discounted rate is for a limited amount of rooms and will fill up quick.
To book your room, please use the link below.