5 Day Electrical Safe Work Practices Train-the-Trainer (May 15-19, 2017)
Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:00 AM - Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
ELECTRICAL SAFE WORK PRACTICES: “TRAIN THE TRAINER” – 5 DAY COURSE
“TTT” course is designed to prepare qualified trainers to deliver instruction to others within their organizations. With leading-edge information and educator-designed materials, you will learn professional teaching techniques and receive hands-on coaching to ensure confidence and credibility.
This is an intensive 5-day training program for up to 20 participants. Day 5 is examination day including an on-line test, a hands-on practical and sample training delivered by the students with extensive professional, peer and video feedback.
- Attendee Handbooks [Digital and USB copies only – no hard copy handout].
- One (1) 1-year company license to S.E.R.A.H (Stark Electrical Risk Assessment Helper) accessed with client login from SSC website. [Provides unlimited user access and number of electrical risk assessments to be created for the 1-year license term].
- One (1) 120-day trial license to REALTIME-LOTO.com [Unlimited equipment license].
- Online course test and course certificate for each student [30-day access for retesting if needed].
- Host custom platform page (1-year – via QUALIFIEDSAFETY.COM0
- All testing certificates to be completed on this platform.
- Stark administrative assistance in setting up and facilitating online training/testing for above classes is provided.
- Each student will have 1-year to access SSC VC1511 ESWP Course.
- User built materials at no cost onto Host custom platform.
- Purpose / goals
- Approach boundaries
- Introduction to electrical safe work practices
- Warning labels
- Electrical Hazard Awareness
- 1-line diagrams
- OSHA-NFPA 70E overview
- Arc Flash Hazard analysis information
- Regulations training requirements
- 70E tables vs incident energy analysis
- PPE and other protective equipment
- Electrical Safety Program Requirements
- Policy vs. Procedure
- Lock out tag requirements
- Electrical Risk Assessments (Concepts and sample method)
- Building LOTO procedures for electrical tasks
- Electrical Safety Program “Top 10’s”
- Understanding 2015 NFPA 70E Tables
- How to test employee knowledge
- Incident energy analysis process
- Inspecting and wearing PPE
- Voltage Testing Safety Basics
- Creating an electrical safe work condition on real equipment – HANDS-ON
- Using LOTO Procedures and on-line diagrams with REALTIME-LOTO.COM
- Interpreting detailed warning labels
- “FISHBOWL” method for hands on employee evaluations
- Basic Electrical blue-print reading
- How to train – Educational perspective
- How to evaluate students – Testing
- Your training materials
- Your test results – How to improve
- Class set up and preparations
- Building tests and questions
- Course exam via QualifiedSafety.com [Bring your own laptop/table or take/home after class]
- Sample student presentations and critique sessions
- Hands-on evaluation with trainer boards
- Students will receive VIDEO LINK of their presentation and a version with commentary voice over critique and presentation evaluation.
Advanced registration and payment are required.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of insufficient enrollment, Cornerstone reserves the right to cancel any course. Registrants will be notified not less than 7 days prior to the scheduled start date. Contact Cornerstone for information on our cancellation policy.
Save This Event
When & Where
Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety, Inc.
Founded in 1990, Cornerstone services clients in North America, Europe and Asia.
We provide consulting, engineering and training in the areas of Sustainability Services; Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems; Environmental Compliance Services; Safety Culture/Worker Safety/Loss Prevention; and OSHA Compliance and Training Services.
In addition, we utilize the most advanced Information Technology, and have developed customized electronic tools and software applications to support our core services.