San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- The parade route is 3.3 miles from where we step onto Park Street at Lincoln and end at Webster/Lincoln. This distance does not include the distance we walk down Lincoln at the beginning and end. The total distance is approximately 4 miles.
- After we complete the route, we'll have some room in the truck to transport people back to the starting point (or to our little after-party for anyone who wants a cold drink.) Another option is to park your car at the end of the route or have someone pick you up.
- Although the parade is scheduled to start at 10 AM, it will take about an hour before our group (#119 of 172 groups) to reach the starting point. We use the waiting time to socialize, take pictures and check out the other parade participants - and of course enjoy our tailgate breakfast!
- Figure on finishing the parade around 1:00-1:30 PM, plus another 30 minutes to get back to your transportation home.
- The parade really is a a lot of fun! You feel like a rock star when you step onto Park Street and the crowds cheer! :)
When & Where
Alameda Backyard Growers
“Grow Some, Keep Some, Give Some Away”
Alameda Backyard Growers began in February 2010 in Alameda, CA as a grassroots network of gardeners who grow food in their own backyards and donate their extra fruits and vegetables to organizations that serve low-income residents such as the Alameda Food Bank. In the process, we get to know our neighbors, have fun, share information and resources, and grow community one veggie at a time.