The Kootenay Lake Summit is back for its 4th year!
The Summit will include some great guest speakers:
- Ktunaxa Cultural Values on Kootenay Lake by Wayne Choquette and John Cathro
- The Kootenay Lake Shoreline Guidance Document by the Kootenay Lake Partnership
- Bullfrogs and Amphibian Invasion by Khaylish Fraser
- Watershed Portraits by Alistair Fraser
The Ashram will be providing a beautiful lunch for FREE to all attendees. Over lunch local musicians Moon Glow will be performing.
The afternoon will include Columbia Basin Watershed Network Workshops:
- Watershed Protection and Sustainable Trails by Farley Curzons, East Shore Trail and Bike Society
- Public Lake Access: Issues and Solutions by Mary Jayne Blackmore, Creston Valley Trails
- Watershed stewardship on the East Shore by Garth Norris and friends, East Shore Freshwater Habitat
- Watershed Planning by Gerry Nellestijn, Salmo Watershed Streamkeepers
You can view the ferry schedule here.
Please consider donating to the Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society so we can continue to offer these events to Kootenay Lake Community Members free of charge.
You can also become a member of the Friends of Kootenay Lake Stewardship Society by signing up here.
For more information on the Yasodhara Ashram, you can visit their official website here.