Actions and Detail Panel
4th Annual Fit 2 Learn Summit
Tue, June 6, 2017, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
The 4th Annual Fit 2 Learn Summit is designed to empower attendees with the knowledge, skills and strategies to improve your school's overall health and wellness. (See tentative agenda below).
This year's Keynote Speaker will be Chef Ann Cooper who will focus on changing the way that we feed our children in schools. In addition to the Keynote presentation, she will also be providing two breakout sessions including one on Salad Bars and another one on School Food Menus - Changing to Whole Foods.
Other breakout sessions during the day will cover a wide variety of topics including implementing nutrition and physical activities into the classroom; shared use; walk / bike to school / safe routes to schools; whole school, whole community, whole child; farm to school, USDA Wellness Policy Final Rule; as well as obesity and rejection focal areas among many others.
Administrators / District Leadership; Child Nutrition Directors / Child Nutrition Staff; School Board Members; Classroom Teachers; PE Instructors; Health Educators; Healthy and Fit School Advisory Members; School Nurses; Parents; Advocates and anyone else that is interested in creating healthier school environments will benefit from attending the Summit.
For more information on the Summit, please contact Vicki Lentz Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (918) 595-4225.
4th Annual Fit 2 Learn Summit Agenda (2017)
8:30am - 9:00am - Registration
9:00am - 9:10am - Introduction / Welcome
9:10 am - 10:00am - Keynote: Changing the Way We Feed Our Children. Chef Ann Cooper
10:00am to 10:15am - Break
10:15am to 11:00am - Break Out Sessions (Choose One)
- Celebrating Shared Use in Tulsa County - Past, Present, Future (Part 1)
- Salad Bars: Planning, Procurement, Implementation, Sanitation and Marketing
- Walk and Bike to School Day Event Planning; Safe Routes to School/TAP Grants; Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Reject - The Science of Interpersonal Rejection (View the film & join a panel discussion on the effects of bullying (Part 1)
11:15am to 12:00pm - Break Out Sessions (Choose One)
- Celebrating Shared Use in Tulsa County - Past, Present, Future (Part 2)
- School Food Menus - Changing to Whole Foods
- Incorporating Physical Activity into the Classroom
- Reject - The Science of Interpersonal Rejection (View the film & join a panel discussion on the effects of bullying (Part 2)
12:00am to 1:15pm - Tasting Stations featuring chefs preparing recipes with locally sourced ingredients (proteins, fruits and veggies)
1:15pm to 2:00pm - Break Out Sessions (Choose One)
- CDC's Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model Overview (Part 1)
- Food, fitness & Fun: Incorporating Nutrition Activities into the Classroom
- USDA Wellness Policy Final Rule Overview
- You Can't Say, ' You can't Play!": Fostering Social Acceptance in the Classroom (Part 1)
2:15pm to 3:00pm - Break Out Sessions (Choose One)
- CDC's Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Model Overview (Part 2)
- What is Farm to School: Local, State and Federal Resources
- USDA Wellness Policy Final Rule Overview (Repeat)
- You Can't Say, ' You can't Play!": Fostering Social Acceptance in the Classroom (Part 2)