Sign up your child for the 4th Annual Belmont Library Summer Chess Tournament.
This free event is open to kids who will be in K-8th grade in September.
Time control for USCF sections: G/15; d3 (Game in 15 minutes with a 3 second delay)
Time control for unrated sections: G/18 (Game in 18 minutes, no delay)
- USCF-rated, Quick Rating 700 or higher (approximate)
- USCF-rated, Quick Rating under 700 (approximate)
- Unrated 4th - 8th grade
- Unrated K - 3rd grade
Prizes: Trophies to the top players in each section, and prizes to others. Trophies and prizes are provided courtesy of the Friends of the Belmont Public Library.
Round Times: 9:10am, 9:55am, 10:40am, 11:25am, 12:10pm
Awards Ceremony: 12:50pm
- The two USCF sections are USCF Quick-Rated. The other two sections are unrated.
- The USCF players will be split into two roughly equal sections; I expect the break to be at about 700 (Quick Rating).
- Sections are subject to change based on entries; if so, players will be notified before the day of the tournament.
- Clocks, boards, and sets will be provided
- Limited to first 60 entries
- Notation is not required
- Tiebreak rules will be used for awards (no playoffs). Head-to-head is first tie-breaker.
- Sorry, no byes allowed due to space limitations.
- Please arrive by 9:00am so that we can get started promptly
- Players may be placed in a different section at TD discretion.
Space is limited, so sign up soon.
Have questions? Please read this FAQ.
If you can't make it this time and are not on the mailing list already, you can add yourself here.