Mycological Society of San Francisco
Sunday Dec 4, 2016 10:00am - 5:00pm
In the San Francisco Bay Area,
when the first rains tease up the chanterelles and porcini, fungus
lovers, foodies, and those curious about the natural world head to the
Fungus Fair: A Celebration of Wild Mushrooms.
- Activities, lectures, cooking demos, and a selection of fabulous soups for sale.
- Educational tables on varied subjects such as medicinal mushrooms, myco-remediation, cultivation, ecology, lichens, psychedelic fungi, dyes from fungi, toxicology, edible mushrooms, and more...
- Microscopes and spore prints
- Naturalistic displays of more than 300 species of locally collected fungi
- Identification table - bring your specimens to find out the species!
The Fair provides information on the uses and abuses of fungi, with displays and exhibits on ecology, toxicology, and cultivation. Campsite gourmands learn how to serve up the safe and scrumptious species through identification tutorials, cooking demonstrations, and sales of recipe books, soups, snacks, and fresh edibles. Watch renowned Bay Area chefs prepare dishes like matsutakes & roasted cauliflower in coriander cream or sautéed caramel candy cap pears and dentelles.