Actions and Detail Panel
3rd Annual UL Lafayette Louisiana K-12 Law Conference
Wed, April 26, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM CDT
Please come and join us at the 3rd Annual Louisiana K-12 School Law Conference 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at the beautiful LITE Center located at 537 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette, LA. Consider attending if you are a school board member, legislator, superintendent, central office supervisor, principal, assistant principal or teacher leader.
The conference will provide a framework for addressing legal issues in the following areas:
- School Security: A model developed by Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Department and How to work effectively with your security officers including walk-throughs, lockdowns and current tools available.
- Search & Seizure update including latest cases on cell phone searches
- Prayer in Schools and other religious issues– Latest updates and guidance
- Foundations of Special Education and updates from around the nation
- Odds and Ends happening in law and policy to help you prepare you for the 2017-2018 school year
- General cost is only $95 and $50 for UL Lafayette students and includes lunch from Olde Tyme Grocery that makes the best po-boys around. Paper registration is available and the form is attached to this email as well. CEUs available.
Richard Fossey, J.D., Ed. D., Burden Professor of Education and former school board attorney
Kenneth Lane, Ed. D., former Ed. D. program coordinator and professor and past ELA president
Captain Joey Mayeaux, Captain of East Patrol, Traffic and School Security Officers, Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Department
Nathan Roberts, J. D., Ph. D., Dean, former Hearing Officer and former school board attorney