San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Lace up your sneakers, lean forward and get ready for the 3rd Annual Tear Drop Half Marathon™! If you’re looking for a fast and scenic half marathon then join us on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
All distances will start on top of Fort Mountain at an elevation near 3000 feet and finish in Chatsworth, Georgia, for an over 2000-foot drop for the Half Marathon. All courses (13.1, 10K, 5K) will be USAT&F certified for those participants that are looking to set a personal record or for a qualifying time at a race elsewhere. Chatsworth is 80 miles from Atlanta, 40 miles from Chattanooga and 10 miles from Dalton.
The race courses are on all paved roads and features 9 miles of 5-10% grade downhill for the 13.1, 5 miles downhill for the 10K and 2 miles for the 5K (which will improve your time :40- 1:20 per mile!) and then a flat to rolling finish. Again this year the Half Marathon will run an out and back on top of the mountain, which runners will encounter several climbs (it's not all downhill). The consensus among runners who have run it both years prefer to have the "added" miles at the top (2016) rather than for the last segment (2015). The scenic route through the Cohutta Wilderness Area welcomes racers of all abilities.
In addition to the half marathon 10K & 5K, there will be plenty of extras for the runners! Beautiful medals for all finishers and every participant will receive a T-Shirt in addition to post-race food; N. Georgia pulled pork BBQ and veggie hotdogs, and drinks; beer for 21 and over participants! There will also be great raffle prizes for all participants!
Race Start Times: Half Marathon 7:30am, 10K 7:50am, 5K 8:05am (all runners will be shuttled from the finish line area to their prospective start location. No vehilces can park on top of Ft Mountain.
If you've run the Half Marathon then you've been to the Overlook Inn (it's the race start!). They have 8 lovely rooms reserved for our runners and we'd love to get them sold quickly. Below is the offer that we feel will maximize your weekend race experience.
Overlook Package Includes:
- 10% off our standard rate for your Room or Suite for 1-night stay (Saturday night), 25% off all nights if staying 2 or more;
- "Dinner of Champions" add-on for Saturday night - Pasta, Bread, Salad and Dessert for $15.00/person;
- Overlook Inn Keepsake Mug for each race participant;
- Continental Breakfast Sunday morning for all, and Overlook Runner's Care Package for each race participants
- Hassle-Free Registration process with number, t-shirt and everything you need, waiting for you in your room
- PLUS 20% off your race entry. To book call: 706-517-0300 then email email@example.com with your name and we'll send you code to sign up and save. You must book room first or race discount will not apply.
Thanks to the 83 respondents to the post race survey! We've made changes based upon your feedback.
- Registration (staying with Eventbrite)
- Volunteers (same charity partner)
- Parking (although we're moving to a more scenic location we'll still have ample parking!)
- Medals (they will be bigger and better!)
- Raffle Prizes (we'll have over $500 in prizes)
- More bathrooms on course. (we'll add 1 more and make sure they get placed in the right location this year too...)
New for 2017! (also from survey feedback)
- Finish location in scenic City Park
- BIGGER finisher medals for the half marathon
- Addition of a downhill 10K (the Dime Drop)
- Ample and varied post race hydration
- More healthy food options for the finish
- Moved back to Sunday (same as year 1)
- Moved start time back to 7:30am (same as year 1)
- We'll have more buses to take to start
Some running stats:
- 58.8% of the 83 survey respondents had a PR! (Personal Record)
Of the 25 who have run the Half in 2014 & 2015:
- 6 had a slower time on slightly different course by and average of 4:51
- 19 had a faster time by an average of 6:02
The event supports the Murray Arts Council. A majority of race day volunteers will be there in support of this organization!
Murray Arts Council was established in the summer of 2012. We are located in Downtown Chatsworth and provide art exhibits, theatrical performances, concerts and classes to expand art awareness in Murray County. Recently, Murray County was chosen along with seven other communities in NW Georgia and SE Tennessee to participate in a Thriving Communities grant program sponsored by the Lyndhurst Foundation to fund a program that combines art and culture to enhance the vitality of our community.
For updates and info please visit: http://www.teardrophalf.com/
Save This Event
When & Where
Creating events that matter. To actively pursue and engage a wide array of partners to consult plan, promote, and produce health and wellness events and programs. From 5k’s to mission-related fitness programs, we will help you reach your event’s goals and objectives through great planning and measurable results.