Housing Authority of the City of Tampa's 3rd Annual 8k run to end homelessness- Homeless Lives Matter#
Homelessness has decreased in the city for some subpopulations, but there are still those in need of critical services. Please be a part of the community solution by showing your support for this worthy cause. All proceeds go directly to homeless families in our community. Funding will go towards purchasing food, clothing, household goods, security deposits, utility deposits, birth certificates, and social security cards. There are many families that have been homeless for over 10 years and without assistance, may die on the streets. We have to take a stand and make a difference.
Last year with the generous donations and participation, THA raised over $1,500 for homeless families in the community.
- Register as an individual or group. Groups can have no more than 5 runners. If signing up as a group, you can come dressed in a theme of your choice.
- Pick up registration packets: February 10th, 2017 at 5301 West Cypress Street from 8 am to 6 pm.
- Online registration ends February 10th, 2017 at midnight. You can still participate on the day of the event if you miss the registration deadline, but must be there by 8 am to register and must pay by cash only. T-shirt may or may not be available.
- 8k Run will be chip timed. Race starts at 9 am.
- All ages are eligible to run or walk.
- All runners/walkers will receive a T-shirt. Medals and prizes for top 3 female and top 3 male runners only.
- Refreshments served during and after run.
- Vendors and DJ on site
- Rain or shine. No refund will be provided
- If you are unable to participate, consider becoming a sponsor for the event. Minimum sponsorship amount is $50. All sponsor names will be placed on T-shirts and websites. Sponsors for the event last year: .
- Other items of interest that can be dropped off at the event for the homeless are the following: Pair of socks, ear plugs, canned foods, rain jacket, any type of food gift cards, bus passes, etc.
SPONSORS LAST YEAR:
Panera, Soccer.com, Sports Authority, Wright Gourmet, Xerox
Bid Dawg Runnin' Inc provided professional timing of the event