3rd Annual Cookie Swap for a Cause - #BOSCOOKIESWAP13
Sunday, December 15, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Mo' Cookies = Mo' Money! Can we get to 10,000?
*IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT THE WEATHER - We are aware of the storm predicted for this weekend. Based on the majority of predictions, we think the city will be clear enough by start time to justify keeping the event going. Please consider coming and use the time stranded at home Saturday night to bake more cookies!
The Boston Food Swap is at it again! We are using the power of food swapping to fight pediatric cancer and make sure you have the best cookies for your holiday season.
Only this year, not only will the folks at Glad to Give donate $1 to Cookies for Kids' Cancer for each cookie swapped, but OXO will match every cash dollar donated!
So we need two things to make this event great: LOTS of great bakers to bake as many cookies as they can and LOTS of hungry cookie eaters to donate money to Cookies for Kids' Cancer in exchange for a container of cookies.
Our goal is 10,000 (and we're giving away prizes for the best and most cookies) so get your tickets and start baking!
Use the hashtag #BOSCOOKIESWAP13 on social media!
We've set up an FAQ page on the Boston Food Swap blog with the details about how the cookie swap will work. Click on the link for the 411.
- Can I park at 40Berkeley? Take the T?
- What time should I get there?
- Will the cookie swap be similar to a regular food swap?
- What will happen when I get there?
- I see you have a best cookie contest. How will that work?
- What will happen to my container?
- Will there be anything to drink?
- Do I get to take anything else home besides cookies?
- What do I need to bring besides cookies?
- Do I need to individually wrap my cookies?
- Can I bring other people?
- I registered for the event but can’t show up. What do I do?
- Can I buy a ticket at the door?
- I’m stumped about what cookies to make. Do you have any ideas?
- I either can’t or don’t bake. Why would I want to attend a cookie swap?
- Can I donate even if I can't attend?
When & Where
Boston Food Swap
The goal of our monthly swaps is to create outlet for sharing surplus goods and offer an alternative to store-bought items, helping swappers eat locally, sustainably, and affordably. We’re active in the swapping and local food communities, and we’re working to grow the swap through blogging, social media, and partnerships with like-minded organizations.