3rd Annual Carolina Challenge Pitch Party- JUDGE TICKET
Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
Chapel Hill, NC
3rd Annual Carolina Challenge Pitch Party
Thursday, Nov. 21st
5:30-8:00pm, Top of the Hill Great Room
Welcome! To be a judge for the Carolina Challenge Pitch Party, you must be an entrepreneur, domain expert or industry professional with at least 5 years of related work experience. Please email us if you're not sure of your eligibility.
The Pitch Party is a wonderful evening of networking and pitches to celebrate UNC entrepreneurship and get students excited about the upcoming 2014 Carolina Challenge competition. There will be fantastic networking with 200 other entrepreneurial Tarheels, refreshments, and the ideas will be flowing! To reserve a spot as a judge, please register for a ticket above. If you have specific questions about the event, please email Carrie Harbinson at email@example.com.
How The Pitch Party Will Work:
- Each team will have 2-3 minutes to pitch with a PowerPoint (max. 6 slides) or Prezi or video.
- There will be multiple pitch stations at the event running simultaneously (like a battle of the bands).
- Judges will have schedules and can move from station to station to see whoever they like.
- Teams should also be prepared with a 1 minute pitch to "work the room" during speed networking sessions to encourage judges to come see their pitch.
- Teams are encouraged to print 1/4 page flyers to hand out during networking sessions.
- Each judge will have "pitch cash" to give to their favorite teams: one $1,000 bill for their favorite team, and some $100 bills to hand to any teams they like.
- In addition to voting with their cash, judges can write their contact info on the back of "pitch cash" to offer to be your mentor.
- Winners will be the teams that receive the most pitch cash.
- Judges will have a copy of Carolina Challenge judging criteria.
- Individuals or teams may present. A team cannot have more than 5 members.
When & Where
The Carolina Challenge is an annual startup competition open to all UNC-affiliated individuals which awards $50K in prize money each year to the most promising early-stage ventures. The Challenge also hosts a variety of preparatory events and workshops throughout the academic year to educate students about entrepreneurship.