NOTE: If your desired section is sold out, feel free to add yourself to the waiting list; entries may become available if there are cancellations.
Sign up your child for the 3rd Annual Belmont Library Chess Tournament.
This free event is open to kids ages 5-12.
4-Round Swiss; G/20 (Game in 20 minutes)
- beginner (K - 2nd grade, unrated)
- beginner (3rd - 8th grade, unrated)
- intermediate (unrated)
- advanced (USCF Quick-Rated, suggested for players with Quick Rating of 600 or higher)
Prizes: Trophies to the top players in each section, and prizes to others. Trophies and prizes are provided courtesy of the Friends of the Belmont Public Library.
Round Times: 9:10am, 10:00am, 10:45am, 11:35am
Awards Ceremony: 12:15pm
- The advanced section is USCF Quick-Rated. Other sections are unrated.
- Clocks, boards, and sets will be provided
- Limited to first 60 entries
- Notation is not required
- Tiebreak rules will be used for awards (no playoffs). Head-to-head is first tie-breaker.
- Sorry, no byes allowed due to space limitations.
- Please arrive at 9:00am so that we can get started promptly
- Players may be placed in to a different section at TD discretion.
Space is limited, so sign up soon.
Have questions? Please read this FAQ.