3D Printing Training Course: Introduction and Personal Hands-on Experience.
The 3D printing technology is progressing increasingly fast. Numerous companies around the world invest billions of dollars into research and development of 3D printing-related equipment, software, and materials. Every day more and more companies adopt 3D printing as a tool for product design, prototyping and manufacturing. This increasing application of 3D printing resulted in high demand for employees who know how to use a 3D-printer. According to the recent data reported by Wanted Analytics, a global talent marketplace analyzing company,
35 percent of all engineering jobs now require 3D printing skills. At the same time, companies experience difficulties finding candidates with the necessary skills.
The 3D printing training offered by LA New Product Development Team will provide you with essential 3D printing knowledge and expertise. Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate. This will give you a distinct advantage over other job candidates and will open doors to many interesting opportunities working at top-tier companies.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Overview of the manufacturing industry and technologies
- Evolution of digital fabrication
- Current 3D printing techniques and materials. Their advantages, limitations and appropriate applications
- Present and emerging 3D printing applications
- Evaluate real-life scenarios and recommend the appropriate use of 3D printing technology
- How to save time and cost with use of 3D printing
- Economic limitations of 3D printing including its impact on start-up businesses and supply chains
- Basics of computer-aided design (CAD)
- 3D printing hardware (“anatomy” of a 3D printer)
- 3D printing related software
- 3D model preparation and repair
- 3D model positioning and orientation on the build tray
- Typical practical problems and hurdles associated with 3D printing. Troubleshooting
- How to make money with 3D printing
- The future of fabrication: 4D Printing
- Design a product using 3D CAD software
- Install and set-up a 3D printer
- Basic maintenance of a 3D printer
- Design and print objects of different complexity
- Post-processing 3D printed objects
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
Participants of the Introduction to 3D Printing course may include designers, engineers, operations managers, QC/QA specialists, corporate executives, and other professionals who want to gain more knowledge about 3D printing technologies and to develop new skills to grow their careers in fields such as new product development, engineering, design, operations, supply chain, manufacturing, and business development.
- Basic computer knowledge (installing and running programs)
- Using internet
- Basic knowledge of 3D CAD will be a plus but not required