In this hands-on class, you'll learn the basics of 3D Printing. Teams of two will pair up to use and learn on our in-house 3D filament printers how to 3D print an object.
Here's what you'll learn
- What Filament Deposition 3D printing is and how it works
- How to download 3D printing models from the Internet
- How to prepare your 3D model for printing
- How to control the printer
- How to diagnose print problems and correct them
- What tools are out there to help you design your own models for printing
The price for this hands-on workshop is $150 per person.
Preparation And What To Bring To Class
- Bring your curiosity.
- Dress comfortably. You'll be learning in a factory setting with no air conditioning and little heating. We often keep the doors open when weather permits so we get fresh air, but it can get warm or cold depending on the weather.
ANSWERS TO OTHER QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
Is there an age requirement for this class?
There are no hard and fast age requirements, but we expect that humans 12 and older will be able to focus full time during the class. You know your child, so you determine whether your child is up to this. And, you know yourself best, so you know whether you're up to it too. :)
What are my parking options getting to the event?
There's ample parking around the building
Are you near public transportation?
We are about five minutes from the Princeton Junction train station. There are usually cabs there waiting to bring passengers to their destinations.