37days Book Club 2012
Monthly Event - First Wednesday of every month: 12:00 PM (EST)
Author Patti Digh is starting an online 37days Book Club in 2012!
Brain food for 2012!
We're going to discuss books that inspire, motivate, challenge, and educate us--books that explore new voices and perspectives. We'll explore how we find ourselves in books--and how we find worlds and voices we don't often hear but need to listen to.
You'll receive / have access to:
- A live 60-minute call with author Patti Digh each month to discuss the book for that month
- Those calls will take place on the first Wednesday of each month at 12pm Eastern / 9am Pacific
- Recordings of each call will be made for download and review later
- A diverse, rich introduction to 12 books a year - and their authors
- A private FaceBook community in which to post discussions, impressions, thoughts, and questions for the group (starting Jan 1, 2012)
Come! Read! Join a community of thinkers! Our first meeting will be February 1, 2012. Here's what we'll read and discuss in 2012:
1. Feb 1, 2012 - The Sense of an Ending, Julian Barnes
2. March 7, 2012 - Bento's Sketchbook, John Berger
3. April 4, 2012 - Quiet, Susan Cain - voted on by group members
4. May 2, 2012 - Orientation and Other Stories, Daniel Orozco
5. June 6, 2012 - The Lake, Banana Yoshimoto
6. July 11, 2012 - The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery (as voted for by group)
7. August 1, 2012 - Wendy and the Lost Boys, Julie Salamon
8. September 5, 2012 - State of Wonder, Ann Patchett
9. October 3, 2012 - To be voted on by group members
10. November - The Memory Palace, Mira Bartok
11. December - The Time of Our Singing, Richard Powers
12. January 2013 - To be voted on by group members
The book group will be $120 for the year (only $10/month.)
Hope to see you there!
Patti Digh is the award-winning author of six books, including the grassroots bestsellers "Life is a Verb" and "Creative is a Verb" as well as "Four Word Self Help" and "What I Wish for You: Simple Wisdom for a Happy Life."