Actions and Detail Panel
3-on- 3 Basketball Tournament | Higher Heights Classic
Sat, September 9, 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Collect the $500 Cash Prize!
Higher Heights Classic is a co-ed 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Winner take all. Do you have what it takes?
------------------Register now before the price goes up!------------------
Team (3 to 5 players) $80
Players receive a training manual, a Higher Heights Classic t-shirt and a water bottle.
Pre- sales are open now. Grab your tickets before they run out!
- What is the age limit?
- 13- 19
- When is the application deadline?
- September 2nd, after that date registration must be purchased at the door. Individual $35 , $Team $90
- What teams will get in the tournament?
- The first 20 teams to register
- How much is the tournament?
- $25 Individual
- $80 Team (3 to 5 players)
- What is the tournament format?
- Single- Elimination
- What are the game rules?
- 1. Officiating: All games are self-officiated. The two teams involved should mediate questions of judgment.
- 2. Team Make-up: Each team may contain no less than 3 players and no more than 5. If more than 3 players are on a team they can be substituted in during any stoppage in play.
- 3. Scoring: The first team to 11 points (by 1s) wins. The Winner must win by 2 points or be the first team to 15 points, which ever comes first.
- 4. Game Play:
- a. Possession changes after every basket (NOT “make it-take it”)
- b. If 3-point line exists, all shots behind it are worth 2 points.
- c. “Take Backs”: On defensive rebounds (including airballs) and steals, the ball must be passed or dribbled beyond the arc. The ball does not need to be given to a different player. As long as the ball goes beyond the arc, there are no limitations on who can shoot it.
- d. If the ball is knocked out of bounds or goes across the mid court line it shall be awarded to the opposing team (the team that did not knock it out).
- e. The offensive team must “pass the ball in” before a shot is attempted (make one pass before a shot is taken).
- f. Out-Of-Bounds. If the ball goes out-of-bounds the offensive team must check the ball with the defensive team at the top of the key.
- Adapted from University of Maryland Intramurals