This course is designed for Physicians, Dermatologists, Health Practitioners, Licensed Cosmetologist etc. with an interest in hair restoration and the science of hair and the affects of nutrition, diet, hormones, and chemical processes. The first part of this course shares the “Science” of hair in relation to Trichology. The second part discusses the “Chemistry” of hair in relation to Trichology. The third part shares most common hair loss/alopecia concerns, case studies, treatment protocols, and how to provide a proper consultation.
The lessons are:
- Lesson One: Functions and structures of the skin
- Lesson Two: Glands of the skin
- Lesson Three: The chemistry and physiology of the hair
- Lesson Four: Nervous and circulatory support systems
- Lesson Five: Amino acids and bonds in the hair
- Lesson Six: pH
- Lesson Seven: Cystine, cysteine and permanent waving
- Lesson Eight: Colouring and decolouring
- Lesson Nine: Diffuse hair loss
- Lesson Ten: Genetic hair loss in men and women
- Lesson Eleven: Scarring alopecia
Trichology Basics 101 wiill give basic knowledge about the hair and scalp to help you understand how internal and external factors can cause hair loss and hair breakage. The course includes a CD Rom with the text, photos and diagrams plus 2 DVDS of 4 lectures – (Relevance of pH, Disulphide Bond, Patches of Baldness, and The Microscope (the "Hairdressing Science Lectures").
A 30 min suprervised exam will be provided at the end of the course completion.
The cost is $1500. ($150 Early Bird Discount if paid in full 60 Days prior to Class Date)