San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Women in Media Present...
The 2nd Annual Women in Media Conference:
Empowering, Equipping, Encouraging women to OWN YOUR VOICE!!
Women in media are in for an empowering experience thanks to WIM (Women in Media) Philly presenting the 2nd Annual Women in Media Conference at Impact Hub on Saturday, September 20th, 2014. The theme of the 2nd Annual Women in Media Conference is to "OWN YOUR VOICE!" The conference will provide individuals and organizations the tools, methods and processes to continue to succeed as a woman in media.
WIM Philly, a collective of millennial small business owners and media professionals—graduates of Temple University and Spelman College—created this community with a mission to empower women and work proactively to highlight the necessity of full representation of female professionals in media.
Launched in the Spring of 2013, the inaugural Women in Media Conference was hosted at Temple University on April 6, 2013. The sold out conference gathered women from various disciplines of media to enjoy interactive workshops, networking session, lunch and refreshments, and an expert panel discussion which featured: Dyana Williams (Old School 100.3 FM), Christine Maddela (NBC 10), Anika Hawkins (6 ABC), Mina Say What (Power 99), Kharisma McIlwaine (CBS/CW), Shaniece Cole (MTV), and Jessie Holeva (Trend Hungry).
Registrants for the 2014 conference will enjoy:
- A keynote address by media and entertainment veteran, Dyana R. Williams of Old School 100.3
- Opening remarks delivered by Desiree Peterkin Bell, City Represenative and Director of Communications & Strategic Partnerships. City of Philadelphia
- The conference will offer (3) interactive workshops facilitated by expert media professionals. Registrants can select a choice of (2) workshops.
- Empowerment | Self Branding | Multimedia
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Women in Media expert panel discussion with:
- Melissa Alam, Consultant & Editor-in-Chief, Femme & Fortune
- Loraine Ballard-Morrill, News and Community Affairs Director, Clear Channel Media+Entertainment
- Stephanie Renee, Program Director, 900AM-WURD
- Kimberly S. Reed, CDP, Corporatepreneur™, Managing Partner and CEO, Reed Development Group, LLC (RDG)
- "Media Marketplace" featuring businesses and services (print, radio, graphic design, online publications)
- Gift bags
The official sponsor of the 2nd Annual Women in Media Conference is Impact Hub Philly. The conference featured media partners are 900AM-WURD and PhillyCAM. Catering provided by Eatible Delights.
When & Where
Women in Media (Philly)
Women in Media was created to empower, equip and encourage women from all walks of life who are in the media field or aspire to enter it.
The collective of millennial small business owners and media professionals—graduates of Temple University and Spelman College—created WIM Philly with the hopes of driving diversity and unity within the media industry.